Rewriting the Rules of Medicine
- OC Could Become Stem Cell Concentration Down Road. Reed, Vita // Orange County Business Journal;4/28/2014, Vol. 37 Issue 17, p46
The article reports on the commercialization of stem cell technology in Orange County at the University if California-Irvine.
- Beall Foundation Gives UCI Boost on Tech Transfer. YU, JANE // Orange County Business Journal;3/3/2014, Vol. 37 Issue 9, p3
The article reports on the $5 million endowment provided by nonprofit group Beall Family Foundation for the initial funding of the campuswide center Institute for Innovation of the University of California in Irvine to accelerate its research and support technology development.
- UCI Cancer Center Adds Trial, Treatment Options. REED, VITA // Orange County Business Journal;3/10/2014, Vol. 37 Issue 10, p3
The article reports on the new cancer research and clinical trials center at the University of California, Irvine, which offers patients who want to use advanced therapies a chance to access early-phase clinical trials involving newer therapies.
- CORRECTION. // Orange County Business Journal;2/8/2016, Vol. 39 Issue 6, p8
A correction to the article featuring the 31,000-square-foot home of Applied Innovation located in Irvine, California that was published in the February 1, 2016 issue is presented.
- Intel Funds UCI Research Center. Casacchia, Chris // Orange County Business Journal;7/2/2012, Vol. 35 Issue 27, p8
The article reports that the University of California in Irvine will house the $5 million Intel Science and Technology Center for Social Computing research center that will link the social sciences and the humanities to the design and analysis of digital information.
- STEM CELL STUDIES. // Orange County Business Journal;9/21/2015 Supplement, p19
The article talks about the stem cell research and studies at the University of California, Irvine (UCI) campus in Orange County, mentioning neuroscientist Leslie Thompson of UCI's Sue and Bill Gross Stem Cell Research Center and her study on stem cell treatments for Huntington's disease.
- UCI Set to Receive S3.3M Grant for Stem Cell Research. Reed, Vita // Orange County Business Journal;2/9/2009, Vol. 32 Issue 6, p12
The article reports on the $3.3 million grant that the University of California (UC) is set to receive from the state as a way to boost its training program for stem cell research in Irvine. It states that the California Institute for Regenerative Medicine tentatively approved UC's three-year...
- UCI's Eye Institute Taking Shape. Reed, Vita // Orange County Business Journal;8/1/2005, Vol. 28 Issue 31, p1
Focuses on the ambitious plan of the University of California-Irvine (UCI) to build the UCI Eye Institute through a multimillion dollar fund raising campaign in Irvine, California. Efforts of UCI to attract Orange County-based businesses that develop devices or drugs to treat eyes; Insights of...
- Eyeing the Prize. Reed, Vita // Orange County Business Journal;10/12/2009, Vol. 32 Issue 41, p7
The article reports on the halfway through of the fundraising objective of the University of California in Irvine, California to build the Gavin Herbert Eye Institute, an eye treatment and research institute in 2009. It mentions that the company had already raised some 29 million dollars for its...