State-Specific Prevalance of Obesity Among Adults with Disabilities--Eight States and the District of Columbia, 1998-1999
- (CHILDREN'S HEALTH) Education Dept. to Make Obesity a Funding Priority. // Children & Youth Funding Report;12/25/2009, p9
The article reports that obesity among people with disabilities, especially children, will be a funding priority in fiscal years 2010 and possibly later years if the U.S. Education Department's National Institute on Disability & Rehabilitation Research (NIDRR) carries out plans the agency is...
- The President's Radio Address. Bush, George W. // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;8/6/2001, Vol. 37 Issue 31, p1115
Presents the text of a radio address given by United States President George W. Bush on July 28, 2001, which deals with the subject of people with disabilities.
- Demographics update. // Journal of Visual Impairment & Blindness;May/Jun94, Vol. 88 Issue 3, News Service p9
Presents various demographic news in the disabled community of the United States. Viability of health care system for the disabled; Release of the summary of 1990 Census on Population and Housing; Release of the 113th edition of the Statistical Abstract of the United States.
- News: Disability issues. // Journal of Visual Impairment & Blindness;May/Jun94, Vol. 88 Issue 3, News Service p20
Presents various disability issues in the United States. Release of audio tape on the discussion of `Collaboration to Assure the Future of Specialized Services'; Revision and expansion of 1994-1996 edition of `Financial Aid for the Disabled and Their Families'; Presentation of `Disability...
- News: People. // Journal of Visual Impairment & Blindness;May/Jun94, Vol. 88 Issue 3, News Service p27
Presents news on various personalities in the handicapped community. Honoring of Patricia Bussen Smith, chair of the Department of Rehabilitation teaching programs at the University of Arkansas,; Naming of Karl F. Wolf as vice president for financial development and public affairs at Recording...
- Helping children pursue their dreams. // Exceptional Parent;Jul97, Vol. 27 Issue 7, p70
Focuses on a number of companies and organizations that assist people with disabilities across the United States. Description of Ricon's line of wheelchair lifts; Work done by The Amateur Athletic Union, sponsors of the Sports on Wheels program.
- Contribute to inclusion position paper. // Palaestra;Winter95, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p13
Calls for comments concerning societal inclusion of handicapped persons for the position paper being jointly written by the Adapted Physical Activity Council (APAC) and COPEC.
- Public health promotion policy for individuals with disabilities: Implications for... // Palaestra;Summer96, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p57
Focuses on strategies to bring about change in public policy in the United States, as it applies to professionals involved in physical education and recreation for individuals with disabilities. Accountability of health promotion policies for disabled persons relative to health care cost...
- From the chairman. Belson, Jerome // WE Magazine;Nov/Dec98, Vol. 2 Issue 6, p2
Comments on the diversity of handicapped individuals in the United States featured in the periodical `We.' Views on the common bond shared by the handicapped with the general population.