- Leader Biography. // Germany Country Review;2010, p57
A biography of Angela Dorothea Merkel, the first woman chancellor of the German Parliament, is presented.
- Forged in the old communist East, Germany's chancellor-in-waiting is not like the others. Boyes, Roger // New Statesman;7/25/2005, Vol. 134 Issue 4750, p34
Presents a profile of Angela Merkel, the potential future chancellor of Germany. Report that Merkel wants market reforms in the health system and she wants to cut labor costs; Discussion of Merkel's view of and former involvement in communism; View of Merkel's father, Horst Kasner, as described...
- Merkel wins in Germany, 'grand coalition' likely: exit polls. Guest Voice // Moderate Voice;9/22/2013, p5
The article informs that exit poll has indicates that chancellor Angela Merkel clinched a third term in German elections.
- ON THE MESSAGES OF CHANCELLOR MERKEL. // Opinion Piece in Macedonian Press;7/30/2014, p1
The article presents the author's views on the statement by the Chancellor Angela Dorothea Merkel regarding the name dispute with Greece.
- Leader Biography. // Germany Country Review;2009, p55
A biography of Angela Dorothea Merkel, the first woman chancellor of Germany, is presented.
- Photo Shop. // New Republic;3/11/2013, Vol. 244 Issue 3, p13
A photograph is presented of German Chancellor Angela Merkel in 1973 at age 18, cooking over a fire while camping in Himmelpfort, Germany.
- Germany likely will have gay foreign minister. // Gay & Lesbian Times;10/8/2009, Issue 1137, p20
The article reports on the re-election of Conservative German Chancellor Angela Merkel of the Christian Democratic Union party on September 27, 2009 in Germany who would likely to form a coalition government with center-right Free Democrats.
- State election weakens Merkel. Ferti, Duroyan // Green Left Weekly;3/30/2011, Issue 874, p19
The article reports that the governing Christian Democratic Union (CDU) of Chancellor Angela Merkel survived a narrow vote during elections for the eastern state of Saxony-Anhalt in Germany.
- German calls for Grexit grow, EU stunned by referendum. Taylor, Paul; Rinke, Andreas // Australian Financial Review (0404-2018);7/7/2015, p10
The article informs that France and Germany have called for a meeting of euro zone leaders to discuss Greeks' referendum vote which was proposed by international creditors' for austerity in exchange for rescue loans to Greece, and presents views of German Chancellor Angela Merkel on this.