- Anti-bullying measure passes legislature. SIMONETTE, MATT // Windy City Times;6/4/2014, Vol. 29 Issue 36, p5
The article offers information on the approval of new legislation HB 5707, related to bullying policy for schools as well as responsive measures.
- Ky. House committee rejects bullying legislation. // Bay Windows;3/22/2012, Vol. 30 Issue 15, p11
Information on a U.S. bill to protect students from bullying by their classmates, that was killed in the U.S. House Education Committee, is presented.
- Student anti-bullying, non-discrimination bills face shaky paths. RUDOLPH, DANA // Windy City Times;3/16/2011, Vol. 26 Issue 24, p4
The article discusses the possibilities for the bills introduced by members of the U.S. Congress that are intended to address bullying and harassment of students.
- Why we must stand up to bullies. Sánchez, Linda // Hill;6/5/2013, Vol. 20 Issue 66, p22
The article offers the author's insights regarding her re-introduction of the "Safe Schools Improvement Act" bill to address school bullying in the U.S.
- Schools of Hard Knocks. Leleux, Robert // Texas Observer: A Journal of Free Voices;5/20/2011, Vol. 103 Issue 9, p27
The article reports on the significance of a bill introduced by Senator Wendy Davis to the creation of a uniform definition of bullying in the education code in the U.S. The author reflects on his experiences of being bullied during his high school years in Texas because of being a gay. He...
- THE BULLY PUPIT. Gross, Josh // Boise Weekly;6/8/2011, Vol. 19 Issue 50, p13
The article offers information regarding the Senate Bill (SB) 1105 in Idaho that deals with bullying in schools, created by State Senator Nicole LeFavour. It states that the two changes that the bill can make is to build up penalties which makes the bullying offense a criminal violation, and...
- Should Michigan have a statewide anti-bullying law for schools? Hooten, Cheryl Nolan; Topham, Jay; Miller, Jack; Hardesty, Alex; Bale, Jim // Between the Lines (10807551);1/20/2011, Issue 1903, p8
The article focuses on the different perceptions on the implementation of a statewide anti-bullying law for schools in Michigan.
- Senate passes Dignity for All Students, 58 to 3. Jordan, Susan // Empty Closet;Jul2010, Issue 436, p1A
The article reports that the Dignity for All Students Act (DASA), which is an anti-bullying measure, has been passed by the New York State Senate on June 22, 2010.
- Paterson signs Dignity for All Students Act. Jordan, Susan // Empty Closet;Oct2010, Issue 439, p1A
The article discusses the bill "Dignity for All Students Act," signed into law by Governor David Patterson on September 8, 2010. The bill prohibits and combats bullying, discrimination and harassment of any form in public schools. The article presents the reactions to the bill of various...