Call for ï¿½20bn stimulus
- THE US Federal Reserve is tonight expected [...]. // Daily Mail;10/29/2014, p70
THE US Federal Reserve is tonight expected to call time on its enormous money printing programme known as quantitative easing. The central bank, led by chairman Janet Yellen, pictured, has been scaling back, or 'tapering', the amount of emergency funding it pumps into the American economy each...
- New roads, courthouse and garda stationï¿½ all in Howlin's back yard. Ken Foxe // Mail on Sunday;7/29/2012, p14
AT LEAST 25% of the Government's ï¿½2.25bn stimulus plan will be spent in the back yard of the minister who announced the plan.
- Draghi vows euro backing. // Daily Mail;11/21/2015, p90
EUROPEAN Central Bank president Mario Draghi hinted that the Â£42bn a month stimulus for the eurozone could be extended.
- Treasury faces Â£75bn bill for QE bonds sale. // Daily Mail;3/14/2013, p72
UNWINDING the Â£375bn quantitative easing monetary stimulus programme could take a Â£75bn chunk out of the public finances over two years, the Bank of England has said, writes Rob Davies.
- Miners boosted by Fed's QE measures. // Daily Mail;9/15/2012, p93
MINERS enjoyed huge gains on the Footsie yesterday, with the top ten increasing in value by nearly ï¿½9bn between them thanks to stimulus measures in the US.
- End the spending. // Mail on Sunday;7/22/2012, p66
I'M SCEPTICAL about the Government's ï¿½2bn stimulus plan. For a start, a large part of the money has yet to be secured, so it's more of a wish-list than a plan.
- Rail to benefit from Obama stimulus. // Railway Gazette International;Feb2009, Vol. 165 Issue 2, p25
The article reports on the effort of U.S. President Barack Obama to push ahead with legislation to fund a national economic stimulus package. The administration reportedly wants to see the American Recovery & Reinvestment Act passed by both the House and Senate in Congress and be ready for the...
- TV BY NUMBERS. // Mail on Sunday;12/21/2014, p62
- The week in numbers. // Campaign;11/7/2014, p1