- Legislatures Take on the Schoolyard Bully. // State Legislatures;Jul/Aug2001, Vol. 27 Issue 7, p11
Focuses on issues concerning bullying prevention and education in the United States. Discussion on bullying as a precursor to more serious crimes; Overview of the Senate Bill 80, passed in Colorado as of July 2001; Disciplinary programs created in Georgia, New Hampshire and Vermont schools.
- News IQ. // Scholastic News -- Edition 5/6;1/12/2009, Vol. 77 Issue 12, p8
A quiz about school bullying is presented.
- BULLIES GET BUSTED! // Scholastic Action;1/10/2003, Vol. 26 Issue 7, p1
Deals with bullying in U.S. schools and some measures being done to prevent it.
- Peer relations at school and the health of adolescents. Rigby, Ken // Youth Studies Australia;Mar1998, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p13
Presents the results of a longitudinal study in South Australia suggesting that constant bullying at school in early adolescent can have enduring negative health consequences. Adverse effects of stress on individual well-being; Mental health of bullied students; Research employing data based on...
- BuLLied to death. Delsite Everett, Alison // Boys' Life;Apr2009, Vol. 99 Issue 4, p38
The article talks about bullying in schools and discusses ways to stop such incidents.
- Bullying and Violence in the Slovakian School. Matusova, Silvia // European Education;Spring2000, Vol. 32 Issue 1, p51
Offers a look at the incidence of bullying and violence in Slovakian schools. Economic and social situation of children and young people; Demographic aspects; Characteristics of the child and youth population; Educational, psychological, sociological and ethical aspects of bullying;...
- BREAK THE BULLYING CYCLE. Dunn, Martin J. // American School & University;Jun2001, Vol. 73 Issue 10, p38
Deals with the issues surrounding bullying in schools. Role of administrators in preventing bullying; Dynamics of bullying; Implications of the failure of administrators to deal with the problems of bullying; Psychological impact of bullying to victims and bystanders. INSET: Safe schools.
- BULLIES BEWARE! Rinaldo, Denise // Scholastic Action;9/5/2005, Vol. 29 Issue 1, p18
Provides several recommendations to prevent bullying and school violence.
- Playground survey. Colman, Adrian // Youth Studies Australia;Spring1995, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p6
Reports on the prevalence of bullying in Australian school playgrounds. Physical and verbal bullying; Difficulty in finding a teacher in the playground when bullying occurs.
- Bullying & violence. Colman, Adrian // Youth Studies Australia;Jun97, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p4
Presents a roundup of press reports related to bullying and violence against the youth in Australia. Health effects of harassment at school; Number of bullies in Western Australia; Crack down of the New South Wales government on high school violence.