Reimbursement answers to critical care questions
- Medicare PPOs worth a try. // Business Insurance;9/2/2002, Vol. 36 Issue 35, p8
Editorial. Focuses on the availability of Medicare health care plans in the U.S. Number of plans available to beneficiaries; Information on the coverage of the plans; Details on the PPO demonstration project.
- Medicare+Choice requires long-term fix to address marketplace realities. Wechsler, Jill // Managed Healthcare Executive;Jul2002, Vol. 12 Issue 7, p10
Identifies the market forces driving the rise and fall of the Medicare+Choice program that must be considered as part of any long-term rescue. Market conditions in underlying healthcare cost trends; Commercial insurance underwriting cycle; Managed care plans' ability to negotiate discounts from...
- Effects of supplemental coverage on use of services by Medicare enrollees. Christensen, Sandra; Shinogle, Judy // Health Care Financing Review;Fall97, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p5
Estimates the extent to which private insurance supplements affect use of services by Medicare enrollees. Examination of three types of supplements to Medicare's coverage; Health maintenance organizations; Medigap plans; Employment-based indemnity plans; Tendency of Medicare enrollees with...
- Trends in Medicare supplementary insurance: 1992-96. Eppig, Franklin J.; Chulis, George S. // Health Care Financing Review;Fall97, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p201
Reports on Medicare supplementary insurance distribution rate in the United States from 1992-1996. Analysis of gains and losses in insurance shares from 1992-96; Distribution overview of 1996; Examination of the changes in insurance distributions in fee-for-service and managed care from...
- Saving Medicare: What the 105th Congress Can Do. Scott, Jeanne Schulte // hfm (Healthcare Financial Management);Dec96, Vol. 50 Issue 12, p24
Explores several options for legislators of the 105th Congress to address Medicare reform in the United States. Implementation of a cut in the reimbursement to providers; Increase in beneficiary contributions; Establishment of a voucher system.
- INSIDE THE BELTWAY. // Modern Healthcare;03/19/2001, Vol. 31 Issue 12, p9
Presents news briefs relating to health insurance in the United States as of March 19, 2001. Overview of a legislation that eliminates a cut to Medicare home health payments scheduled for implementation in 2002; Details on a report issued by the Health Care Financing Administration regarding...
- Medicare+Choice Funds OK'd. Fisher, Mary Jane // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;1/1/2001, Vol. 105 Issue 1, p35
Reports that the United States Congress and the administration have joined in a bipartisan effort to revive the Medicare+Choice program. Amount allocated for the program; Problems of the program.
- Momentum builds for provider-sponsored groups in Medicare. // Primary Care Weekly;06/16/97, Vol. 3 Issue 24, p1
Reports on the widespread political support of provider-sponsored organizations (PSOs) to become a part of the Medicare managed care in the United States. Passage of a series of Medicare changes allowing the Health Care Financing Administration to contract directly with PSOs; Need for PSOs to...
- Medicare Overview. // Congressional Digest;Nov95, Vol. 74 Issue 11, p259
Focuses on the Hospital Insurance and Supplemental Medical Insurance programs of Medicare. Eligibility; Coverage; Benefits; Financing; Administration.
- HI and SMI. // Congressional Digest;Nov95, Vol. 74 Issue 11, p262
Focuses on the financial viability of the Hospital Insurance and Supplemental Medical Insurance programs of Medicare. Trends in spending and the trust fund balance; Cost containment measures; Changes in physician payment; Price controls.