- Obesity a cancer risk. Taylor, Tanya; Carey, Dorothy // Nutridate;Jul2001, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p7
Cites the cancer risk posed by obesity, according to a study published in a 2001 issue of the `Medical Journal of Australia.'
- Editorial. Drew, Janice E. // Open Obesity Journal;2010 Special Issue, p10
An introduction to the journal is presented in which the guest editor discusses the association between obesity and cancer.
- Obesity causes 100.000 U.S. cancer cases, group says. // Romanian Journal of Medical Practice;2009, Vol. 4 Issue 4, p227
The article reports that obesity is one of the causes of cancer in the U.S. according to a study by the American Institute for Cancer Research.
- Extra Weight Adds Cancer Risk. // USA Today Magazine;Feb2002, Vol. 130 Issue 2681, p12
Reports on the risk of developing cancer by obese persons. Breast cancer; Colorectal cancer; Endometrial cancer; Prostate cancer; Kidney cancer; Cancer of the esophagus; Disease associations; Disease development.
- FEW AMERICANS KNOW ABOUT THE OBESITY/CANCER LINK. // RN;Oct2002, Vol. 65 Issue 10, p101
Cites an opinion survey conducted for the American Institute for Cancer Research, which found that few adults in the U.S. know that being overweight or obese increases their risk of developing certain common forms of cancer.
- Fat and out-of-shape -- a prescription for cancer. // Active Living;Mar2008, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p13
An excerpt from the article "Fat and out-of-shape â€” a prescription for cancer," in the February 19, 2008 issue of "Wellness Insider" is presented.
- Obesity to be biggest cancer risk. // Telegraph (Calcutta, India);5/31/2015, p2
The article reports that obesity is one of the major reason for cancer risk in India.
- Obesity Linked to Pancreatic Cancer. // Medical Update;Nov2001, Vol. 27 Issue 5, p4
Focuses on a study which examined the link between obesity and the risk for pancreatic cancer.
- Heavy silence. Fumento, Michael // Reason;Apr98, Vol. 29 Issue 11, p54
Discusses the reason why obesity and breast cancer is rarely discussed among American women. How obesity increases the risk of breast cancer; Factors the contributes to breast cancer; Result of the studies conducted on obese women.