Government approves first carbon offsetting code for new forests
- Reforestation. Moultoon, Robert J.; Andrasko, Kenneth // EPA Journal;Mar/Apr90, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p14
Focuses on a tree planting program of the United States government proposed for the 1991 fiscal year. Amount of budget; Trees ass the most efficient air purifier; Areas to be planted.
- Tree time. Redwood, Tovah // Planning;Sep94, Vol. 60 Issue 9, p13
Focuses on tree planting and preservation ordinances in the United States. Planners regard for trees as an aesthetic accessory; Arborists' authority in development planning; Progressive environmental regulations adopted in Austin, Texas; Tree ordinance adopted in Fulton County, Georgia;...
- Nevada Betting on Trees 2000 Program. // American Nurseryman;02/15/2000, Vol. 191 Issue 4, p14
Reports on the Nevada Department of Agriculture's Trees 2000 Program which seeks to encourage the state's residents to plant trees and wild flowers. Details of the program.
- High-profile hazard trees spark improved policies. // American Nurseryman;05/15/97, Vol. 185 Issue 10, p12
Discusses the improved policies for street tree planting by federal agencies in the United States following a number of accounts of accidents involving fallen trees. Street construction as one of the major causes of falling trees; Benefits of the improved tree planting policies.
- Deadline looms for final round of applications in Big Tree Plant initiative. // Horticulture Week;5/24/2013, p8
The article reports on the deadline of the applications for the British government's Big Tree Plant community planting scheme, which aimed to plant one million new trees by 2015, on August 31, 2013.
- SINGLE DEADLINE. . . DOUBLE TROUBLE. // Forestry & British Timber;Mar2003, Vol. 32 Issue 3, p2
Comments on the British Forestry Commission's (FC) decision to impose one deadline at the end of May for applications for new planting. 'Independent Forestry' writer David Ogg's comments on the effects of the ruling on nurserymen and suppliers of sundries; Failure of the FC to justify having...
- Keeping the nasties under lock and key. Dalyell, Tam // New Scientist;2/4/95, Vol. 145 Issue 1963, p47
Discusses various policies of the British government related to science and technology. Views of British Prime Minister John Major regarding the program of the United States to trade aid for highly enriched uranium (HEU) from former countries of the Soviet Union; Impact of the government's plan...
- Earth Day at Carpenter Hill. // Hays Free Press (Buda, TX);4/16/2014, Vol. 118 Issue 3, p4B
The article reports on the Earth Day celebration of Carpenter Hill Elementary School in Buda, Texas through various activities from April 22 to May 2, 2014 including tree planting, wildflower book donations and outdoor plays.
- The Taylor Rider. Wapner, Kenneth // Outdoor Life;Dec95, Vol. 196 Issue 6, p16
Reports on Congressman Charles Taylor's `Taylor Timber Rider', a law which was passed by President Bill Clinton. Description of TTR; Statements by Taylor; Views by hunting groups.