Stem Cell Research Funding: Policy and Law
- Panel OKs Money for Stem Cell Clinical Trials. Chambers, Heather // San Diego Business Journal;3/15/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 11, p8
The article reports that the governing board for the state's three billion dollars stem cell institute approved the funding for the development of new stem cell therapies in San Diego, California.
- Court paints with broad brush, upends U.S. stem cell policy. Lefkowitz, Jay // Hill;9/16/2010, Vol. 17 Issue 100, p31
In this article the author focuses on the court ruling which emphasized the preclusion of an embryonic stem cell research project from receiving federal fundings by the Dickey-Wicker Amendment if one step of the project results in the destruction of an embryo in the U.S.
- Stem-cell research must go forward. Harkin, Tom // Hill;10/6/2010, Vol. 17 Issue 110, p23
The article reports on the author's thoughts about the impact of the decision of U.S. District Judge Royce Lamberth on halting federal funding for embryonic stem-cell research on one of the fields of biomedical inquiry which is considered promising.
- Chief Judge Suspends Funding for Embryonic Stem Cell Research. Bekisz, Jonathan // Penn Bioethics Journal;Fall2010, Vol. 6 Issue 2, p5
The article reports on the court decision made by U.S. District Court Chief Judge Royce Lamberth concerning the suspension of the funding for human embryonic stem cell research.
- US BRIEFS. // National Catholic Reporter;10/1/2010, Vol. 46 Issue 25, p3
The article offers news briefs related to the Catholic Church in the U.S. including then immediate resignation of Bishop Charles Bennison, opposition against stem-cell research funding, and the Federal Bureau of Investigation's surveillance at Thomas Merton Center.
- US courts throw ES cell research into disarray. Fox, Jeffrey L. // Nature Biotechnology;Oct2010, Vol. 28 Issue 10, p991
This article reports on the decision of a U.S. court of appeals to lift a lower court injunction suspending federal funding for grants and contracts involving human embryonic stem cell (hESC) research.
- UK Council Gets Â£5M in Funding from California Stem Cell Agency. Moran, Nuala // BioWorld International;11/4/2009, Vol. 14 Issue 44, p1
The article reports that the California Institute for Regenerative Medicine announced 14 "Disease Team" awards worth more than 250 million U.S. dollars to develop stem cell therapies in which the British Medical Research Council (MRC) will put 5 million British pounds into regenerative medicine...
- Supporting Stem Cell Research. Gerr, Melissa // Baltimore Jewish Times;1/24/2014, Vol. 336 Issue 4, p19
The article offers information on the eighth annual CELL-A-BRATE fundraising event for stem cell research organize by Maryland-based Hadassah of Greater Baltimore's Hadassah Medical Organization, to be held in Pikesville, Maryland on February 7, 2014. Topics include a night of music and dancing...
- Appendix E:. // CIA World Fact Book;2011, p760
An appendix is presented of hydrographic data codes for various oceans Arctic Ocean, Baltic Ocean, and Indian Ocean.