An Approach of Cryptography for Web User Authentication using Secure Remote Password Protocol
- Catch a Hacker by Thinking Like One. BAVISI, SANJAY; HAILEY, STEVE // SDA Asia Magazine;2008, Vol. 22/23, p32
The article focuses on the five phases of a systematic approach used by computer hackers. In reconnaissance phase, hackers identify the domain and subdomain names of the target and then gather information about them through public sources such as newsgroups. They will then scan servers and...
- Passwords. Maiffret, Marc // SC Magazine: For IT Security Professionals (15476693);Oct2014, Vol. 25 Issue 10, p13
The article presents information on passwords as one of the oldest and most important measures used in cyber security and mentions topics such as proper password management and best practices including using complex passwords, rotating passwords frequently, and delegating access to servers.
- Provide Secure Access to OWA Attachments. // Windows IT Pro;Dec2005, Vol. 11 Issue 12, p18
The article reports that Messageware released AttachView 7.0, a server-based software that provides increased Microsoft Outlook Web Access (OWA) security features. It is noted that to prevent security threats and protect corporate standards, Messageware AttachView provides security Web access to...
- Anonymous Proxy. // Network Dictionary;2007, p36
An encyclopedia entry for "Anonymous Proxy" is presented. In computer security, this term refers to a proxy server that can be used for anonymous Web browsing. It retains the anonymity of the real user because only information on the proxy server will be visible to outsiders.
- Tech Rx. // Men's Health;Sep2004, Vol. 19 Issue 7, p118
Answers several questions about technology. Explanation on the $400 rule; Information on the best way to track all the Web passwords.
- How to plug Web holes? Perry, Joellen // U.S. News & World Report;02/12/2001, Vol. 130 Issue 6, p40
Focuses on the necessity of fixing flaws in a widely used Web infrastructure program. Criminal computer hackers who take advantage of flaws; Popularity of the infrastructure program; Damage which could be done by hackers.
- An uncertain world. Richards, Justin // ITNOW;Sep2006, Vol. 48 Issue 5, p12
The article highlights World Wide Web trends and problems affecting businesses and individuals worldwide. Different measures are needed to secure the cyber world as threats to security and privacy are expected. Robert Mueller, head of the U.S. Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) states that...
- Web-based management. Passmore, David // Business Communications Review;Oct96, Vol. 26 Issue 10, p16
Discusses developments in World Wide Web-based management which involves the use of World Wide Web server and browser technology. Network management vendors' addition of Web browser interfaces to existing systems; Formation of the Web-Based Enterprise Management; Development of Sun's Java...
- Net surfing in Mexico. Chorost, Michael // Hispanic;May1995, Vol. 8 Issue 4, p64
Presents a guide to Web servers in Mexico. How Web servers distribute information on the Internet; MexPlaza, a Web page that bills itself as a Mexican shopping center on the Internet; Mexican FAQ list; Mexican newspaper services on-line; A map of Web servers in Mexico available through the...