- Good citizenship. Sardin, Thelma // Chicago Citizen - South Suburban Edition;2/8/2012, Vol. 31 Issue 14, p2
The article profiles Rae Lewis Thornton, an HIV/AIDS activist, who had imparted positive contribution in the community of Chicago in Illinois and had given her time, energy, resources and special talents to help someone else.
- Good citizenship. Sardin, Thelma // Chicago Weekend;2/8/2012, Vol. 42 Issue 5, p2
The article presents information about Rae Lewis Thornton, an activist who spreads awareness about HIV and AIDS.
- Good Citizenship. // Chicago Citizen - Hyde Park Edition;2/8/2012, Vol. 23 Issue 11, p2
The article focuses on HIV/AIDS activist Rae Lewis Thornton who served as catalyst for HIV/AIDS awareness in the Black community.
- Good citizenship. // Chicago Citizen - South End Edition;2/8/2012, Vol. 45 Issue 1, p2
The article focuses on the advocacy of HIV/AIDS activist Rae Lewis Thornton who was diagnosed with HIV and is heavily involved with HIV/AIDS activism
- Act-Up acts out. Dawson, R. // Commonweal;9/14/90, Vol. 117 Issue 15, p476
Opinion. Describes and objects to a demonstration led by the group ACT-UP during an ordination at Boston's Holy Cross Cathedral, which was held to support gay causes. Opinions toward Cardinal Bernard Law; Deeper significance of the demonstration.
- Act-up v. the church. Coleman, J.A. // Commonweal;9/27/91, Vol. 118 Issue 16, p533
Editorial. Studies the recent controversy over the video `Stop the Church,'which shows the strategy sessions planned by Act-up (AIDS Coalition to Unleash Power) to disrupt Sunday Mass at New York's St. Patrick's Cathedral. Focus on the decision of Los Angeles PBS station KCET to air the...
- Pressure points. Dixon, Bernard // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);4/6/96, Vol. 312 Issue 7035, p915
Comments on the achievements of acquired immunodeficiency disease syndrome (AIDS) activists in gaining support for biomedical research in the field of AIDS. Analysis by Steven Epstein regarding how AIDS activists in the United States have come to play central roles in the scientific battles;...
- Acting up to fight AIDS. Salholz, E.; McKillop, P. // Newsweek;6/6/1988, Vol. 111 Issue 23, p42
A gay organization called ACT UP was formed a year ago, and has since deliberately trespassed the bounds of good taste in a campaign to broaden the government's role in fighting AIDS. Whether the group can make a difference is still to be seen, but it plans to keep its controversial heat on. ...
- MINNESOTA. // Advocate;8/28/90, Issue 558, p32
Reports on the arrest of 17 AIDS activists in Minneapolis, Minnesota.