Paper cut option won't hurt offices' bottom line
- SEEING THE LIGHT, THEN TURNING IT OFF. // Bulletin of the American Meteorological Society;Jun2009, Vol. 90 Issue 6, p774
The article reports on the carbon footprint reduction activity conducted by several church leaders in England. Accordingly, several leaders of the church in the country have asserted their parishioners to make carbon fasting during the Lenten season. The said environment-related activity was...
- AALL Meeting in Boston: an Environmentally Conscious Plan. Selden, David // AALL Spectrum;May2012, Vol. 16 Issue 7, p34
The author discusses his efforts to reduce his carbon footprint, and offers advice on accumulating carbon offsets in order to make up for the carbon emissions from traveling to the 2012 American Association of Law Libraries (AALL) Annual Meeting in Boston, Massachusetts. The author suggests...
- HOW A PRICE ON CARBON AFFECTS EVERY GOVERNMENT DEPARTMENT. Rouwette, Rob; Sue Tan // Government News;Dec2011/Jan2012, Vol. 31 Issue 6, p41
The article focuses on the effects of carbon footprint price to several government departments in Australia. It highlights several public departments that may be affected by the carbon price including sustainability, marketing, policy making, and even legal services. There are 500 companies in...
- Point: Carbon Offsetting is the First Step Towards Carbon Neutrality. Rich, Alex K.; Morley, David C. // Points of View: Carbon Offsetting;3/1/2016, p2
The article argues that carbon offsetting is an effective way to reduce the collective ecological footprint. It asserts that carbon offsetting should be made mandatory and should be included in the Kyoto Protocol. It claims that carbon offsetting will allow individuals and companies to...
- Counterpoint: Responsibility is Lacking in Carbon Offsetting. Tucker, M.; Warhol, Tom // Points of View: Carbon Offsetting;3/1/2016, p3
The article argues that carbon offsetting is not an effective way to reduce carbon dioxide emissions. It claims that carbon offsetting does not encourage people to reduce their own carbon footprints. It emphasizes the need to develop a universal standard for all carbon reducing projects in order...
- Carbon Offsetting: Guide to Critical Analysis. // Points of View: Carbon Offsetting;3/1/2016, p4
The article offers a critical guide to the controversial issue of carbon offsetting. The article discusses criteria in understanding the issue, such as distinguishing between fact and opinion and recognizing point and counterpoint arguments. Also presented are exercises that help the reader...
- carbon diet update. O'mara, Peggy // Mothering;Jul/Aug2008, Issue 149, p28
The article focuses on the efforts done to reduce carbon footprint.
- No rush to join the CRC. // Process Engineering;Sep/Oct2010, Vol. 91 Issue 5, p6
The article reports on the 1,398 companies from the 5,000 organizations, which have signed up in the Carbon Reduction Commitment (CRC) in Europe.
- China's Emissions Cut. // Solutions: For a Sustainable & Desirable Future;Mar/Apr2010, Vol. 1 Issue 2, p7
The article informs that China has released its first carbon intensity target that is intended to slow the increase of emissions relative to economic growth by 40-50% from 2005 levels by 2020.