THE AMERICAN WALL
- NSA Focuses on the Cost of Illegal Immigration. // Sheriff;Jul/Aug2015, Vol. 67 Issue 4, p49
Photographs of the Southwest border in the City of Del Rio, Texas are presented.
- Refugee child. // National Catholic Reporter;6/7/2002, Vol. 38 Issue 31, p11
Presents a photograph of a refugee child whose family has left their home along the India-Pakistan border for fear of war.
- TEMPORAL SHIFTS IN PHOTO-ELICITED NARRATIVES IN A POLISH BORDER TOWN. Galasinska, Aleksandra // Narrative Inquiry;2003, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p393
In the article I am interested in how places in the Polish border town of Zgorzelec represented on photographs are incorporated into the narratives of informants viewing them. In particular I shall focus on a sociotemporal shift present in my interviewees' accounts of photographically...
- El Paso. // FADER;Oct/Nov2009, Issue 64, p26
Two photographs that show the border between the U.S. and Mexico are presented.
- Life on the Ranch. MARTIN, ELIZABETH // Humanities;May/Jun2012, Vol. 33 Issue 3, p8
The article features frontier photographer Francis Marion Steele whose photographs help influence ideas of what the old West was for settlers on the frontier. It offers information on his career in photography which started at the age of 13, his expansion from cowboys and ranching to rural life,...
- No Photo Essay. Menendez, Ralph // Fourth Genre: Explorations in Nonfiction;Spring2005, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p173
Presents an interpretation of a cover picture illustrating No signs. Use of the photographs as a composition and conversation; Claims of the photographs on fixed boundaries separating public and private property.
- LOCAL GOVERNMENT BOUNDARY CHANGES. // Estates Gazette;6/2/2007 Directory, p6
A list of local government boundary changes in Great Britain is presented. Avon is now included in Bath and north East Somerset under the section title Bath. Buckinghamshire is now included in Milton Keynes under the section title Milton Keynes. Hampshire is now included on Portsmouth under the...
- Collision in the China Sea. Vasey, Lloyd R. // Christian Science Monitor;6/22/95, Vol. 87 Issue 145, p19
Focuses on the territorial disputes in the South China Sea over the sovereignty of Spratly and Paracel Islands. Countries involved in the dispute; China's geographic influence in the region; Forums to resolve the issues; Need of US to work as a broker to resolve the crisis.
- A continental rift in Africa: War blur colonial borders. Matloff, Judith // Christian Science Monitor;12/20/96, Vol. 89 Issue 19, p1
Reports on the changes being observed on the borders of the African map, stating that the nature of conflict changes on the continent are going from ideological to factional and ethnic confrontations. Comments from a senior African diplomat; Other information on the history of the country and...