AMERICA'S INCOHERENT IMMIGRATION SYSTEM
- White House Mulls Higher Limits for Immigrants' Green Cards. NAKAMURA, DAVID // News India Times;9/5/2014, Vol. 45 Issue 36, p4
The article focuses on the plan of U.S. President Barack Obama to use his executive actions in relation with the green card issuance as part of the immigration policy of the country. Topics discussed include the increase in limit for green cards issued to high-skilled and low-skilled workers,...
- The Immigration Middle Ground. LEVIN, YUVAL; SALAM, REIHAN // National Review;8/25/2014, Vol. 66 Issue 15, p29
The author discusses the issue of U.S. immigration policy reform. Topics include how mass immigration of low literacy people into the U.S. has created a class of less skilled, poor workers at the same the time the U.S. is working against poverty and illiteracy, the author's suggestion to grant...
- The Hill's CONGRESS BLOG. // Hill;1/ 8/2014, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p20
An excerpt from the blog.thehill.com regarding the issue of focus in an immigration policy debate in the U.S. which entails the inclusion of a special path to citizenship for the undocumented immigrants as claimed by blogger David Leopold is presented.
- Immigration and Unaccompanied Minors. // AEI Paper & Studies;2014, p5
Several graphs are presented showing the results of a poll on illegal immigration and on the question of what to do with unaccompanied children from Central America who have illegally crossed the southern border.
- Trump unmoved. // Australian Financial Review (0404-2018);7/13/2015, p10
The article reports that Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump told families of victims of crime by undocumented immigrants that the U.S. immigration policy has allowed immigrant criminals to find sanctuary within the U.S.
- The Impossible Case of Sandoval-Perez. HARROP, FROMA // Progressive Populist;4/15/2014, Vol. 20 Issue 7, p6
The article reflects on the story of Josue Noe Sandoval-Perez, an illegal immigrant who was deported back to Mexico after 16 years of residing in the U.S., and comments on the nation's chaotic immigration system.
- A perspective on the president's immigration action from an immigrant. Zakaria, Fareed // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;12/8/2014, Vol. 44 Issue 17, p14
The author shares his views, as a legal immigrant, about the immigration action of U.S. President Barack Obama and mentions topics including the legalization of undocumented workers, the call for immigration reform that will secure the U.S. borders, and contribution of young immigrants to the U.S.
- Let's open the door to skilled immigrants. // Machine Design;8/11/2011, Vol. 83 Issue 13, p16
The article presents the author's views that the U.S. immigration policy as of August 2011 should be reformed to admit more highly skilled immigrants (HSIs) in order to stimulate the American economy. Topics include the contributions of HSIs in the science, technology, engineering, and math...
- The H-1B lottery: Reasons to play and the rules of the game. Fanning, Scott // Inside Counsel (SyndiGate Media Inc.);2/8/2016, p3
The article reports on the petitions preparing by the U.S. employers to enter the H-1B lottery on April 1, 2016. The employers have the chance to obtain an employment-based visa lottery available for the upcoming year. It explains why employers are investing time and resources to enter the visa...