Sex and Relationship Education
- Network innovation is a 'top priority'. // Utility Week;4/22/2016, p9
The article reports on the assurance given by British Energy Minister Andrea Leadsom to network operators in 2016 concerning the government's commitment to continue supporting innovation in the future.
- Sexual rights: How does your state rate? // Glamour;Jul93, Vol. 91 Issue 7, p49
Presents a map showing different states rated according to their legislation on sex concerns. Grades given by the Sex Information and Education Council of the U.S. (SIECUS); Topics used as basis.
- Abstinence bills gaining popularity and momentum. Lindsay, Drew // Education Week;5/3/95, Vol. 14 Issue 32, p17
Reports on the popularity of legislation in teaching about abstinence in sex instead of safe sex in the United States. Introduction of abstinence bill in 12 states; Call for a statewide media campaign to support the abstinence message; Teenage pregnancy as a factor in the change in sex...
- Wis. Official Threatens Prosecution Over Lessons on Sex Education. // Education Week;4/21/2010, Vol. 29 Issue 29, p4
The article discusses a letter sent by Juneau County District Attorney Scott Southworth to area school districts warning of prosecution for contributing to the delinquency of a minor if they teach students how to put on condoms or take birth control pills, as required by law of state sex...
- Jezzaâ€™s new tricks. Maguire, Kevin // New Statesman;7/15/2016, Vol. 145 Issue 5323, p14
The article offers inside gossip on the British Parliament as of July 15, 2016 including Conservative politician Andrea Leadsom's struggle with public scrutiny, paranoia in Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn's camp, and why a Labour member of parliament will not back partymate Angela Eagle.
- Conference curtain call. // Utility Week;10/28/2016, p10
The article discusses adoption of measures to boost environmental and water quality in Great Britain. Topics discussed include views of environment secretary Andrea Leadsom on easing environmental and water quality legislation, changing pricing structures to attract customers, and plans of...
- The House sent a bill to the Senate. MacLachlan, Suzanne; Mutch, David // Christian Science Monitor;5/4/95, Vol. 87 Issue 111, p2
Informs about a bill sent to the Senate by the House regarding the availability of sex and AIDS education course materials to parents. Details of other education-related bills.
- Tories fail to beef up Bill's duties towards disadvantaged children. Carson, Gordon // Community Care;4/6/2006, Issue 1617, p14
The article reports on the failure of conservative members of Parliament to amend the Education and Inspections Bill to give councils more explicit duties towards disadvantaged children and those with special educational needs in Great Britain. An amendment tabled by shadow schools minister Nick...
- Education Bill - 21st Session. // Education Parliamentary Monitor;Apr2011, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p412
The article focuses on several legislative clauses concerning the Education Bill that were discussed during the 21st session of the Public Bill Committee of the British House of Commons on April 5, 2011. Amendment 198 was moved by British Labor Party politician Iain Wright for clause 52 which...