MN KART TEAM REVEALED
- It's official: Joyner joining ABC. // Broadcasting & Cable;4/12/93, Vol. 123 Issue 15, p59
Reports that Tom Joyner, an urban radio talent is joining ABC Radio Networks as host of a morning show, beginning in January 1994. Popularity of Joyner; Job background.
- Tom Joyner celebrates 5 years as commuting DJ. // Jet;11/12/90, Vol. 79 Issue 5, p14
Profiles disc jockey Tom Joyner, who recently celebrated his fifth anniversary as a commuting DJ. He travels 1,600 miles three days a week, from Dallas to Chicago, where he does a morning and afternoon show on different radio stations. Comments from Joyner about his mentor `Jet' publisher John...
- JUMP FOR JOYNER: BRIT WINS BIG IN EURO TROPHY. Bass, James // Motor Sport News: The Voice of British Motorsport;5/4/2011, p42
The article reports on the stunning victory of British privateer Tom Joyner at Commission Internationale de karting-Federation Internationale de l'Automobile (CIK-FIA) North European Trophy.
- KF2 ace wants more international runs. // Motor Sport News: The Voice of British Motorsport;5/4/2011, p42
The article reports on the plan of KF2 ace Tom Joyner in targeting international karting events.
- Joyner heads the UK attack at Macau. // Motor Sport News: The Voice of British Motorsport;10/3/2012, Issue 2841, p33
The article reports on the success of karting racer Tom Joyner to win the second and final round of the Karting Formula 1 (KF1) World Championship in Macau, China.
- 'Tom Joyner Morning Show,' Tavis Smiley give out $300,000. Evans, Howie // New York Amsterdam News;12/20/2001, Vol. 92 Issue 51, p5
Reports on the allocation of check vouchers from talk show host Tom Joyner and the Tavis Smiley Foundation in New York, New York. Requirements to qualify for the voucher; Praises for Joyner with regards to his compassionate works; Distribution of the Western Union checks in other states.
- Tom's dollars for scholars. // Essence (Essence);Sep98, Vol. 29 Issue 5, p16
Reports on radio personality Tom Joyner's call for donations to the UNCF/Tom Joyner Black College Scholarship Fund. Fund's intent to provide emergency help to Black students at historically Black colleges and universities in the United States; Role of Joyner in the fund-raising campaign.
- Man of influence. Kulman, Linda // U.S. News & World Report;11/24/97, Vol. 123 Issue 20, p19
Discusses the success of radio talk show host Tom Joyner in influencing his African-American radio audience to persuade the Christie's auction house not to sell 19th-century slavery documents. Joyner's attack on Christie's for offering items associated with the slave trade; Other examples where...
- Front and center. // Billboard;4/16/94, Vol. 106 Issue 16, p85
Presents a photograph of ABC Radio Networks' syndicated morning man Tom Joyner. Plane ride with President Bill Clinton aboard Air Force One; Significance of plane ride.