SAVE YOUR FAT, SAVE YOUR LIFE
- Getting round with age. O'Meara, Stephen James // Odyssey;Mar98, Vol. 7 Issue 3, p5
Explains why the fat of an average person doubles as he matures. Decrease in ability to break down and use stored fat; Role of the hormone glucagon in older women.
- Authors' Response to Commentary. Wolden-Hanson, Tami; Matsumoto, Alvin M. // Journals of Gerontology Series A: Biological Sciences & Medical ;Mar99, Vol. 54 Issue 3, pB110
Comments on the study of the effect of aging on leptin, insulin and total fat and percentage of fat. Mechanism for visceral adiposity; Development of peripheral leptin resistance; Difficulty of resolving the influences of testosterone and leptin.
- Born to be lean. Bass, Clarence // Joe Weider's Muscle & Fitness;Oct92, Vol. 53 Issue 10, p255
Discusses the measurement of bodyfat and the role of bodyfat in human beings. Average bodyfat contents; Human evolution and bodyfat; Drastic changes in nutrition and exercise patterns over the last 100 years; Need for exercise for the survival for human ancestors; More.
- Creating Rats with No Fat. // USA Today Magazine;Jun1998 Science, Vol. 126 Issue 2637, p3
Presents a study which used fat-controlling hormone leptin to determine the role of fat in various bodily functions and diseases. Creation of rats with no visible body fat in the study; Findings of the study.
- 25 ways to blast off flab. Eller, Daryn // Cosmopolitan;Feb99, Vol. 226 Issue 2, p246
Provides 25 suggestions on how to burn fat faster. Running errands; Building muscles; Frequent fidgeting.
- Go figure. Horyn, Cathy // Harper's Bazaar;May97, Issue 3426, p39
Opinion. Presents the author's view on the things she missed for being fat. Magazine manage by the author; Sources of her confidence; Her most vivid memories of her mother; Concern of her mother about her career; Author's plan in losing some weight.
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR. Edwards, Michael C.; Niamtu III, Joe // Plastic Surgery Practice;Jul2014, p8
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Once Bitten, Twice Shy: A Cautionary Tale" in the May 2014 issue.
- Additions and Corrections. // Methodist DeBakey Cardiovascular Journal;Apr-Jun2014, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p134
A correction to the article "Clinical Trials of Adult Stem Cell Therapy for Peripheral Artery Disease" that was published in the Volume 9, Number 4 issue is presented.
- Stem cell therapy at Winthrop. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);01/19/98, Vol. 45 Issue 3, p34
Reports on the plans of Winthrop University Hospital in Mineola, New York to offer lifesaving stem cell reinfusion therapy as an outpatient procedure. Capability of Winthrop's oncology-hematology division to administer stem cell transplantation; Effectiveness of stem cell therapy in patients...