ANOMIE AND INTEGRATION IN ISRAELI SOCIETY AND THE SALIENCE OF THE ISRAELI-ARAB CONFLICT
- Whose country is it? Bethell, Tom // American Spectator;Jan1998, Vol. 31 Issue 1, p18
Dwells on the growing cultural war in Israel. How the balance of power in the state is divided; Effects of the increasing influence of the ultra-orthodox minority and the American culture on the Israeli society; How the peace process contributed to the cultural war.
- Analyzing Potentially New Genres in Political Communication: Generic Properties of the Discourse of Conflict. Krolikowska, Paulina // Styles of Communication;2015, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p59
The aim of this article is to describe a model for analyzing potentially new genres in political communication, which has been developed as part of a doctoral dissertation on generic properties of the discourse of conflict illustrated by an analysis of the Israeli political discourse on the...
- Israel's Greatest Enemy: Israel. Alterman, Eric // Moment Magazine;Jul/Aug2010, Vol. 35 Issue 4, p12
In this article the author discusses the impact of the flotilla raid on Israel and the Jewish people. He muses on the arrogance, lawlessness and incompetence displayed during Israel's attack to the humanitarian flotilla. The author thinks that neither Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu nor his...
- Facing the Tensions Deep Within. Dickey, Christopher; Klaidman, Daniel // Newsweek (Pacific Edition);4/1/2002 (Pacific Edition), Vol. 139 Issue 13, p16
Focuses on the threats to Israel's well-being based on the issues of the secular-religious divide and the Arab-Israeli conflict. History of the social tensions; Prediction that Arabs will eventually outnumber Jews; Comments of journalist Daniel Ben-Simon.
- ISRAEL:. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;8/ 8/2014, pA02
ISRAEL: The scale of civilian deaths â€” 1,886 Palestinians, of whom more than 1,300 were civilians â€” from the Gaza Strip conflict must not happen again, said Int'l Committee of the Red Cross Pres. Peter Maurer, according to Agence France-Presse. Israel has lost 64 soldiers and 3...
- Before and after. LeVine, Mark // Tikkun;Sep/Oct97, Vol. 12 Issue 5, p14
Comments on continuous war in the territories of Israel. Information on structural violence in Hebron; Psychological or physical torture which affects the families of Palestinians imprisoned by Israel; Statements from Dr. Haider Abdul-Shafi, elder statesman of Palestinian politics in Gaza.
- The big picture. Post, Marlene E. // Tikkun;May/Jun98, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p60
Opinion. Comments on social conditions in Israel, focusing on advancements made in the country's health services. Reference to Israel's 50th anniversary; Aspects of politics in Israel; Information on medical aid in Israel; Cynicism on Israel's political situation; Description of medical...
- Palestine after Desert Storm. Burtchaell, J.T. // America;6/22/1991, Vol. 164 Issue 24, p679
Looks at ways of achieving regional peace in Israel through providing homeland for the Palestinians. Limited rights in Israel for Palestinians; West Bank and Gaza Strip as possible Palestinian homeland; Increased emigration of Jews to Israel; Proposal to restore Galilee and the Triangle to...
- Modern, secular ways battle notion of biblical homeland. Battersby, John // Christian Science Monitor;5/22/96, Vol. 88 Issue 124, p9
Focuses on the social and economic revolution in Israel. Social, economic and political events reshaping the country; Challenges to the religious and communal values that epitomize Judaism; Development of Israeli individualism; Relations with other Arab countries.