- How do you make your point? Sanders, Lyne B. // Current Health 2;Oct97, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p13
Presents information on the different conversational styles. Description of the different styles; Example of of various styles. INSETS: Boy talk, girl talk.;What style is this?..
- Movie movie. Meehan, Thomas // New Yorker;4/1/96, Vol. 72 Issue 6, p104
Presents a dialogue between two characters named Bonnie and Clyde. Description of dialogue.
- Speakable speech for the stage. McConnell, Jean // Writer (Kalmbach Publishing Co.);Feb95, Vol. 108 Issue 2, p7
Deals with spoken language on stage. Difference between speech in fiction and in play; Author's search for speakable 16th century English; Example of a very long speech; Changes in the speech written by a playwright when it reaches the stage.
- Lessons in race, dialogue, and profanity. Burke, James Lee // Southern Review;Winter93, Vol. 29 Issue 1, p51
Looks at the difficulties of writing good dialogue from a writer's perspective. Information on the use of profanity in dialogue; Details on the authors' experiences when learning how to write dialogue.
- She loves me; she loves me not. Selfridge, Oliver // Cricket;Feb97, Vol. 24 Issue 6, p20
Presents a short dialogue played by boys and girls.
- Why editors reject manuscripts: Dialogue. Forrest, Katherine V. // Lambda Book Report;Aug97, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p19
Presents information as to why editors reject dialogue relating to manuscripts. Views of how readers love dialogue; Factors used for the writing and evaluation of dialogue; What all dialogue should give.
- The health risks of new-wave vegetarianism. Szabo, Laura Brydges // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;05/15/97, Vol. 156 Issue 10, p1454
Focuses on the `new vegetarianism.' Trend as adoption of vegetarianism as way to cope with shrinking time and budgets and as a socially acceptable way to lose weight; Health risks in this `new vegetarianism'; Health advice to young people intent on following this diet.
- Clearing up the common misconceptions about vegetarianism. // Tufts University Health & Nutrition Letter;Apr98, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p4
Clarifies the common misconceptions about vegetarianism. Includes the superiority of vegetarian diets in comparison to animal foods; Lack of protein in vegetarian food.
- National Soyfoods Month. // Vegetarian Journal's Foodservice Update;Spring1996, Vol. 4 Issue 2, p8
No abstract available.