- All over the world. Sutherland, Fiona // International Construction;May2002, Vol. 41 Issue 4, p14
Examines the domestic construction industry in Finland. Approval on the construction of a nuclear power plant; Dominance in the underground equipment sector; Recognition received by Finnish companies in the international market.
- New Plants on Existing Sites. Halnon, Greg // Nuclear Plant Journal;Mar/Apr2002, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p41
Focuses on the placement of nuclear power plants on the already-operating sites in the U.S. Impact to the construction companies; Effect on the staff of the operating nuclear plants; Evolution of the nuclear industry.
- IN BRIEF. // International Construction;Nov2002, Vol. 41 Issue 9, p5
Reports global developments related to the construction industry as of November 2002. Budget for the renovation of the United Nations headquarter; Construction of the Busher nuclear power plant; Disposal of non-core businesses by Hochtief.
- In Brief. // International Construction;Dec2001, Vol. 40 Issue 10, p5
Reports global developments in the construction industry as of December 2001. Plan of Russia to build a nuclear power plant in India; Approval of the development of a cross city tunnel link in Sydney, New South Wales; Merger between CIMA and EMI in the U.S.
- CONSTRUCTION WEEK. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;Jul2002, Vol. 249 Issue 1, p7
Reports developments in construction industry in the U.S. as of July 1, 2002. Closures of the first industrial-scale nuclear power plant; Approval of million cash and stock acquisition offer by W.S. Atkins; Election on the military construction appropriations bill.
- Nuclear's unclear future. // Contract Journal;4/10/2002, Vol. 413 Issue 6372, p14
Reports on issues surrounding the nuclear industry in Great Britain as of April 2002. Market to be provided by the nuclear industry for the construction industry; Obstacles to the planned construction of nuclear power stations; Supporters of the nuclear industry; Profitability in...
- Back bites. // Contract Journal;4/10/2002, Vol. 413 Issue 6372, p36
Provides an update on the construction industry as of April 2002. Policy of Dean & Dyball concerning its food resources; Details of the theft of keys to an emergency control room at the Harwell nuclear power station in Great Britain.
- WORLD NEWS: HIGHLIGHTS. // International Construction;Dec2009, Vol. 48 Issue 10, p6
The article offers news briefs related to the construction industry which includes the opening of the new central terminal building (CTB) to passengers at the Cape Town International Airport in South Africa, the allocation of a site in West Bengal, India by the government for the construction of...
- Cutting construction co$ts. Clelland, Jill // International Power Generation;Jan2002, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p27
Focuses on the cutting costs on designing three-dimensional plant model in the United States. Overview of the AP600 nuclear power plant project of Westinghouse; Use of the modular construction method for 36 month time-frame; Objectives of Westinghouse on plant visualization exercise. INSET:...