- Questions follow reports of stem cell diabetes cure. ALDHOUS, PETER // New Scientist;4/21/2007, Vol. 194 Issue 2600, p12
The article focuses on whether stem cells were the cause for patients with type 1 diabetes to be cured.
- Stem Cell Therapy in Diabetes. // Pulse International;10/15/2016, Vol. 17 Issue 19, p7
The article presents the study carried out by Bangladesh Professor Liaquat Ali that investigates the effectiveness of stem cell therapy in treating diabetes.
- Australia this week. // Bulletin with Newsweek;4/16/2002, Vol. 120 Issue 6320, p13
Reports developments in Australia as of April 16, 2002. Agreement to allow stem-cell research by state and territory leaders; Preparations of immigrants for family reunion applications; Death and burial of police Glenn McEnallay.
- Healing Cells. // Diabetes Forecast;Jul2013, Vol. 66 Issue 7, p17
The article focuses on an animal study in which researchers grew stem cells from collagen and when the stem cells were affixed to ear wounds in a rabbit with uncontrolled diabetes then it resulted in faster healing as compared to a rabbit which was given standard care.
- Two Boats, a Helicopter & Stem Cells. Saltzman, Russell E. // First Things: A Monthly Journal of Religion & Public Life;Oct1999, Issue 96, p13
Opinion. Offers observations on the therapeutic use of stem cell in the treatment of diabetes in the United States. Experiences of the author as a diabetic; Accounts of other diabetics; Federal law regulation on stem cells researches; Moral arguments on stem cell therapy.
- Neural stem cell transplant may tackle diabetes. // Biomedical Market Newsletter;10/10/2011, Vol. 21, p171
The article focuses on the study by researchers in Japan which found that a patient's neural stem cells can serve as an alternative source of beta cells for a regenerative treatment of diabetes.
- Stem cell trials. Voltarelli, Júlio // New Scientist;5/26/2007, Vol. 194 Issue 2605, p26
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article about medical research using haematopoietic stem cell transplantation for type 1 diabetes by Peter Aldhous in the April 21, 2007 issue.
- Stem Cell Therapy for Diabetes: Are We Close Enough? Kadam, Sachin S. // Journal of Krishna Institute of Medical Sciences (JKIMSU);Jan-Jun2014, Vol. 3 Issue 1, p6
Over the last few decades, understanding of the mechanism of cellular development has increased tremendously. The knowledge of the potential of stem/precursor cells in tissue engineering and cell therapy has gained the popularity. In case of diabetes, the availability of the source of stem cells...
- Advances in Î² cell replacement and regeneration strategies for treating diabetes. Benthuysen, Jacqueline R.; Carrano, Andrea C.; Sander, Maike // Journal of Clinical Investigation;Oct2016, Vol. 126 Issue 10, p3651
In the past decade, new approaches have been explored that are aimed at restoring functional Î² cell mass as a treatment strategy for diabetes. The two most intensely pursued strategies are Î² cell replacement through conversion of other cell types and Î² cell regeneration by enhancement...