The Palestinian Labor Market in Israel: Between Globalization and Intifada
- Averting Total Collapse. // Palestine-Israel Journal of Politics, Economics & Culture;2003, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p102
Reports economic developments in Palestine as of June 2003. Result of the donor funding of PA; Resilience of the Palestinian society; Rate of economic decline.
- Budget analysis of the Palestinian family. Sabri, Nidal Rashid; Jabr, M. Hisham // Arab Studies Quarterly;Winter92, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p35
Presents a study that intends to examine the distribution of income sources and uses of budgets by Palestinian families, which may help in disclosing the living standards and trends for the Palestinian economy and society. Aims of the study; Some null hypotheses that are formulated in order to...
- Palestinian Economy Shattered. // UN Chronicle;Mar-May2002, Vol. 39 Issue 1, p72
Focuses on the economy of Palestine. Increase of death rate; Poverty level of the country.
- Gaza/West Bank. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;1/24/1997, Vol. 41 Issue 4, p18
Reports on economic news developments in Palestine as of January 24, 1997. Includes the agreement signed by the Palestinian Liberation Organization and Israel regarding Israel's withdrawal of troops from Hebron; Palestinian Airlines' launching of its flights from Egypt to Saudi Arabia.
- Closures are costing the earth. Ash, Toby // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;8/22/1997, Vol. 41 Issue 34, p9
Describes the economy of Palestine since 1993 to 1997. Total number of Palestinians who are working in Israel in 1993; Effect of Palestine's unstable political situation on the economy; Significant effect of boarder closures on Palestine's economy.
- Gaza/West Bank. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;9/26/1997, Vol. 41 Issue 39, p12
Reports on economic developments in the Palestine area as of September 26, 1997. Israeli government's release of funds for the Palestinian National Authority; Palestinian leader Yasser Arafat's warning on the possible effect of the removal of Jewish settlers from two buildings in the Ras...
- Economic growth. // Presidents & Prime Ministers;May/Jun98, Vol. 7 Issue 3, p24
Reports on the improvement of economic conditions in the Palestinian economy. What a number of economic indicators show; Possible factors that contributed to the improvement of the economy; Comparison of security closures of the West Bank and Gaza in 1997 to 1996; Information on a report...
- In the slow lane leading to recovery. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;7/17/1998, Vol. 42 Issue 29, p10
Focuses on the development of the Palestinian economy. Prospects for sustained economic growth; Details on the economy of the Gaza and West Bank; What the International Monetary Fund figures show in relation the Palestinian economy; Perception that there are a few signs of an imminent...
- Palestinian economy important. Genick, Raymond // Crain's Detroit Business;9/11/95, Vol. 11 Issue 37, p1-8
Opinion. Focusses on the development of economic infrastructures in the Palestinian business community. Difficulties in linking the aid and development with politics and diplomacy; Role of the Business Technical Assistance Center in helping small to midsize firms.