Mystery Science Theater
- Are Bacterial Flagella Intelligently Designed? Reflections on the Rhetoric of the Modern ID Movement. Van Till, Howard J. // Science & Christian Belief;Oct2003, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p117
The modern Intelligent Design movement argues that it can point to specific biological systems that exhibit what ID's chief theorist William A. Dembski calls 'specified complexity'. Furthermore, Dembski claims to have demonstrated that natural causation is unable to generate this specified...
- A sceptic's guide to intelligent design. Holmes, Bob; Randerson, James // New Scientist;7/9/2005, Vol. 187 Issue 2507, p10
The article reports that advocates of intelligent design (ID) argue that it deserves to be taken seriously as a rigorous scientific alternative to evolution by natural selection. William Dembski, a mathematician, philosopher and leading ID proponent affiliated with the Discovery Institute,...
- ANÃLISIS DEL DISEÃ‘O INTELIGENTE. Collado, Santiago // Scripta Theologica;may-ago2007, Vol. 39 Issue 2, p573
In this exposition 1 attempt to give a brief analysis of the content and the implications of the contributions made by Â«Intelligent DesignÂ». The focus is very general because my aim is to provide a global vision of what Â«Intelligent DesignÂ» is. To this end, I explain its background...
- DEVOLUTION. Orr, H. Allen // New Yorker;5/30/2005, Vol. 81 Issue 15, p40
Discusses intelligent design (ID), a scientific theory for the evolution of Earth and man. Conflict of ID with the ideas of Darwinism; Distinction of ID from creationism; Arguments raised by biochemist Michael J. Behe and mathematician William A. Dembski in support of ID.
- A Victory over "Intelligent Design" in Oklahoma. Dickson-LaPrade, Daniel // Reports of the National Center for Science Education;Sep-Dec2007, Vol. 27 Issue 5/6, p7
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience witnessing the visit of William Dembski, an American proponent of intelligent design, in the University of Oklahoma.
- "Intelligent Design" Reflects Human Ignorance. Klebba, Phillip E. // Reports of the National Center for Science Education;Sep-Dec2007, Vol. 27 Issue 5/6, p8
The article reflects on the works of various scientists regarding "intelligent design." William Dembski commented that the work of Charles Darwin entitled "On the Origin of the Species," manifests his ignorance of the mechanisms that underlie the process of natural selection that he described...
- BIOLOGICAL INFORMATION: New Perspectives. Pattle Pak-Toe Pun // Perspectives on Science & Christian Faith;Mar2015, Vol. 67 Issue 1, p64
No abstract available.
- GOD BY THE NUMBERS. White, Charles Edward // Christianity Today;Mar2006, Vol. 50 Issue 3, p44
Discusses several numbers that suggest evidence for God's existence. Four basic forces in which the fine-tuning of the universe is shown; Arguments of William Dembski, author of the book "The Creation Hypothesis," on the Darwinian theory; Information on the number e[sup Ï€i] which comes from...
- GADFLY: A LESSON FOR THE AGES. Lahale, Scot // Journal of Interdisciplinary Studies;2010, Vol. 22 Issue 1/2, p155
Envisioned as a cosmic Cabaret beyond the space-time continuum, Gadfly explores the power of the establishment to determine what we call accepted truth, and chronicles how it has historically been the outsider that has moved our understanding of truth forward. Special guests are invited to...