Fixing a hole?
- Life-cycle management for nuclear facilities. // Electrical World;Jun94, Vol. 208 Issue 6, p29
Presents the report `Life Cycle Management In the US--Stone & Webster's Experience,' by Ajoy K. Banerjee. Need for competitive nuclear generating costs; Contact information.
- Safeguards controversy, continued. Fischer, D. // Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists;Jun1989, Vol. 45 Issue 5, p38
Argues that Richard Bolt's article `Plutonium for All: Leaks in Global Safeguards' (December 1988 Bulletin) shows a misunderstanding of the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) safeguards system and the purpose of the Safeguards Implementation Report (SIR). Bolt's response.
- U.S.-Russian Partnership for Advancing a Nuclear Security Agenda. Weiss, Lauren // Arms Control Today;Sep2012, Vol. 42 Issue 7, p7
A review of the article "U.S.-Russian Partnership for Advancing a Nuclear Security Agenda," edited by Elena Sokova and Anton Khlopkov in June 2012 is presented.
- National legislative and regulatory activities. // Nuclear Law Bulletin;2014, Issue 93, p97
This section offers news briefs on national legislative and regulatory activities related to nuclear energy as of June 2014. Belarus and the Russian Federation have signed several agreements for co-operation on nuclear safety in 2013. A nuclear safety decree was issued by the French government...
- The Way Forward in Radiological Protection. // OECD Papers;2002, Vol. 2 Issue 12, p1
Focuses on the report of the Nuclear Energy Agency's Committee on Radiation Protection and Public Health concerning the evolution of the system of radiation protection. Structure of the system of radiological protection; Aspects of the system of radiological protection that need to be...
- Nuclear energy a security risk. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;1/14/2016, pA02
The article reports on the analysis of the U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Agency incidicating the vulnerability of unclassified nuclear computers to cyberattack in 2016.
- National legislative and regulatory activities. // Nuclear Law Bulletin;2011, Issue 88, p75
Summaries of nuclear-related legislation and regulations from several countries are presented such as Bulgaria's Amendments to the Act on the Safe Use of Nuclear Energy (2010), Poland's Amendment to the Atomic Law Act (2011) and Lithuania's Law on Nuclear Energy (2011).
- Hansen's nuclear junk science. Green, Jim // Green Left Weekly;5/8/2013, Issue 964, p7
A review of an article related to the risks of nuclear power by James Hansen and Pushker Kharecha, which appeared in the periodical "Environment, Science and Technology" in the previous issue, is presented.
- Regulatory and Industry Co-operation on Nuclear Safety Research. // OECD Papers;2003, Vol. 3 Issue 1, p1
Presents challenges and opportunities in the conduct of regulatory and industry cooperation on nuclear safety research. Benefits and impediments from the practicising collaboration; Recommendations intended to promote effective regulator-industry collaboration; Facts about the preserving...