The media and 'bullying.'
- Washington watch. Stern, Chris // Broadcasting & Cable;7/3/95, Vol. 125 Issue 27, p31
Presents information on media related news in US as reported on July 3, 1995. Consequences faced by FCC because of the decision of The House Appropriations Committee's commerce subcommittee and House Telecommunications Subcommittee to freeze FCC funding; Opinion of Senator Paul Simon about the...
- Mega media top 13. Rathbun, Elizabeth // Broadcasting & Cable;8/7/95, Vol. 125 Issue 32, p6
Informs about top 13 mass media companies and their business activities. Rankings of Walt Disney Company, Time Warner Incorporated, Viacom Incorporated, and others.
- Entertainment. // Jet;5/21/90, Vol. 78 Issue 6, p57
Summarizes news in the entertainment world of special interest to blacks, including a controversial monument to Duke Ellington, cancellation of a James Brown benefit concert, and the signing of a movie deal with Paramount Pictures by talk show host Arsenio Hall.
- Picking the hits. // Psychology Today;Jul86, Vol. 20 Issue 7, p22
The risky business of picking winners in the entertainment and publishing fields often relies on a combination of experience, intuition and luck. But most entertainment experts can't explain even their own decision-making processes.
- Broadcasting, cable lead a revitalized media sector. Monroe, Ann // Investment Dealers' Digest;07/07/97, Vol. 63 Issue 27, p24
Focuses on the revitalization of the mass media industry in the United States. Trend towards mergers and consolidations in the radio and television industry; Proliferation of cable deals between major telecommunication companies; Largest media and telecommunications equity deals; Uncertainties...
- Buyers guide 93. // TCI: Theatre Crafts International;Dec92, Vol. 26 Issue 10, p10
Lists products of interest to the entertainment industry, chosen for products' significance, innovation, and continuing usefulness. Entertainment technology; Set design equipment; Theater props and equipment; Make-up products.
- Ink & air. Lash, Fred // Public Relations Tactics;Sept94, Vol. 1 Issue 3, p3
Reports on developments in mass media in the United States as of September 1994. High level of public and media interest in food safety; States with the most and the least number of media outlets; Media coverage of environmental issues.
- Surveys & stats. // Public Relations Tactics;Oct94, Vol. 1 Issue 4, p3
Presents graphically how people apportion time to deal with various media.
- The media vs. the people. McCarthy, Abigail // Commonweal;2/23/96, Vol. 123 Issue 4, p8
Comments on criticisms against the mass media in the United States. Case of a report by the `Washington Post' newspaper on the presence of bacteria in drinking water; Question on whether media outlets and journalists are destroyers of community; Tendency of newspapers to concentrate too much on...