Globalization as a Challenge to the Churches in Asia Today
- The Future of the Global Church: History, Trends and Possibilities. Ma, Wonsuk // Transformation (02653788);Oct2015, Vol. 32 Issue 4, p296
No abstract available.
- QUOTABLE & NOTABLE. // National Catholic Reporter;4/27/2007, Vol. 43 Issue 25, p3
The article presents quotes from notable people within the religious community in the U.S. Deacon and professor at Virginia Tech University Michael J. Ellerbrock describes his ministry for students, staff, and families of victims of the shooting incident in the campus on April 16, 2007....
- Church Briefs. // Burnet Bulletin (Texas);11/10/2010, Vol. 138 Issue 45, p8B
The article offers church news briefs in Burnet, Texas, including basketball practice sessions of Hill Country Fellowship, youth program at Burnet First United Methodist Church, and a potluck lunch at Smithwich Church of Christ.
- When people's concerns meet Jesus Christ, church lives. Carmody, John // National Catholic Reporter;10/1/93, Vol. 29 Issue 42, p2
Presents the author's rethinking of his views of what constitutes a church. Experience at a recent mass at the local parish; Priest's sermon; Lack of focus on social issues; Formal and formulaic system at the parishes; Stupidity of the people.
- Everything Must Change: Jesus, Global Crises, and a Revolution of Hope. Klein, William W. // Denver Journal;2008, Vol. 11, p8
The article reviews the book "Everything Must Change: Jesus, Global Crises, and a Revolution of Hope," by Brian D. McLaren.
- Challenges for the New Pope. // America;4/25/2005, Vol. 192 Issue 14, p3
Discusses the challenges to be faced by the successor of Pope John Paul II. Influence of the pope on both the internal life of the church and its role in the world; Implications of the globalization of the economy and culture; Need for the next pope to address the shortage of priests.
- PROTESTING THE PAPAL VISIT. Vandervelden, Mark // Advocate;9/15/87, Issue 481, p10
Reports on protests against the papal visit to San Francisco, California, in 1987 after the Vatican issued a letter opposing homosexuality. Gay activists who are spearheading protests against the papal visit; Stipulations of the papal letter that incensed the gay population; Implications on the...
- Missionary encounter with culture. Shenk, Wilbert R. // International Bulletin of Missionary Research;Jul91, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p104
Focuses on the relationship between the church and the world. Arguments by Walter Hobhouse, honorary canon and chancellor of Birmingham Cathedral; Missionary encounter as the normative description of the role of the church; Appropriation of learning from substantial experience in cross-cultural...
- Paradigms in peril. Callahan, Sidney // Commonweal;10/7/94, Vol. 121 Issue 17, p8
Presents the author's insights on foundational changes in the world and the life of the church. Existence of reality within dynamic systems and interconnected ecological networks; Process thinking; Welcoming inquiry and constantly revising searches for new and better interpretations and...