Message from the Editor
- Hostile Halls. O'Hanlon, Leslie Harris // Current Health 2;Oct2006, Vol. 33 Issue 2, p16
This article discusses wide-spread bullying and harassment in schools in the U.S.
- Time for us to look in the mirror. // ATA News;10/23/2012, Vol. 47 Issue 5, p3
An excerpt from Carly Weeks' Globe and Mail article on taking up action to counter bullying is presented.
- Brave bullying victim HOW HE FOUGHT BACK. HOLOHAN, ERIN // Woman's Day (Australia Edition);8/27/2012, Vol. 63 Issue 35, p40
The article offers information on bullying in schools, highlighting Karen Raven, mother of two school going children, and steps taken by her to help her son Dylan Raven deal with bullying.
- IS YOUR CHILD A TARGET OF BULLIES? // People;10/18/2010, Vol. 74 Issue 14, p71
The article presents a list of organizations that help prevent bullying in schools including Stop Bullying Now!, Wiredsafety and Stop Bullying: Speak Up.
- Two boys, a slur, and a test for new anti-bullying law. GINSBERG, JOHANNA // New Jersey Jewish News;9/29/2011, Vol. 65 Issue 39, p4
The article reports on the issue related to complaint of the family of a boy who has been a target of anti-Semitic slurs in New Jersey. The complaint has tested the state's anti-bullying law, and has attracted some support from the local community. Doctor William Miron, a high school principal,...
- "Just kids being kids" or Justice for Kids? Starbuck, Margot // PRISM Magazine;May/Jun2012, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p20
The article presents information related to bullying of children in the U.S. It is noted that the number of students who are reporting being bullied is on the rise across the nation. It is mentioned that imbalance of power, intent to cause harm and repetition are teh three factors always present...
- Federal Judge Refuses To Dismiss Claims Against Arkansas School District for Homophobic Harassment of Student. Wursthorn, Eric J. // Lesbian -- Gay Law Notes;Apr2009, p62
The article discusses a court case wherein the federal judge in 2009 refused to dismiss claims against Arkansas School District for homophobic harassment of a middle school student. The causes of action against the Fayetteville School District was asserted by the plaintiffs. The defendant...
- A SCHOOL TO FEEL SAFE. Fleming, Alexandra Rockey; Meadows, Bob // People;3/8/2010, Vol. 73 Issue 9, p80
The article profiles the Alliance Middle School and Alliance High School in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Both of the schools' philosophies are to make their students feel safe. The experiences of the students, who had been bullied, teased, and harassed at their previous schools, are noted. The...
- confessions of a bully. Smolowe, Jill; Bailey, Moira // People;10/18/2010, Vol. 74 Issue 14, p70
The article discusses the experiences of teenager Daniel Harrison at being a bully. Topics discussed in the article include the way in which he started to tease his neighbor, punishment that he received from the school for being a bully and the involvement that Harrison now has with the student...