Shell's Slick Track Record
- EPA seeks comment on federally listed species. // Pollution Engineering;Feb2003, Vol. 35 Issue 2, p10
Focuses on the call of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency for public comments regarding the Endangered Species Protection Program. Protection of federally listed endangered and threatened species; Upgrade of county bulletins; Amendment of pesticide labels to reference county bulletins.
- Mommy, is that a fish in that man's car? McNutt, Buster // South Texas Automotive Report;Jul2010, Vol. 12 Issue 10, p6
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience of getting an Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) permission to remove endangered species fish from a recently flooded Buick Estate Wagon.
- Speak up for wildlife by doing these four things! // EnviroAction Newsletter;Apr2008, Vol. 26 Issue 3, p1
The article appeals the U.S. citizens to participate actively to protect polar bear habitat in the Mississippi Delta from extinction. It enlists four things which includes supporting the veto of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency for the project Yazoo Pumps, pressurizing representatives of...
- 14,000 phantom whales. Finley, James K. // Canadian Geographic;Apr2009, Vol. 129 Issue 2, p14
The article presents a study related to the count of Isabella bowhead whales, conducted by the author in Isabella Bay. He states that the count of the Isabella bowheads, combined with numbers obtained by his colleagues in Baffin Bay, North Atlantic Ocean and the Northwest Passage, offers a best...
- Putting the "E" back in EPA Serfis, Jim // Endangered Species Update;Jan/Feb1992, Vol. 10 Issue 3/4, p39
No abstract available.
- EPA to approve pesticides without need to consult. Cozier, Muriel // European Chemical News;8/9/2004, Vol. 81 Issue 2112, p29
Reports on the provision of authority to the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) to approve pesticides without having to consult agencies. Need for the EPA to consult only with the Fish and Wildlife Service regarding pesticides; Effect of the move on endangered animal and plant species;...
- At risk. Smith, Don // National Petroleum News;Nov93, Vol. 85 Issue 12, UST update p1
Provides information on the risks being faced by small gasoline operators with the implementation of Environmental Protection Agency's (EPA's) underground storage tank (UST) regulations. Background; Results of Havill & Co.'s survey on the impact of EPA's UST regulation; Forecast of the gasoline...
- Shell Steps Closer to Arctic Drilling. Belli, Brita // E THIS WEEK;9/18/2011, p7
The article reports on the air quality approval given to Shell Oil Co. drilling vessel for oil exploration in Alaska's northwest coast by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). It states Shell Oil Co.'s current exploration plan calls for drilling up to three exploratory wells in the...
- News IQ. // Scholastic News -- Edition 5/6;12/1/2008, Vol. 77 Issue 9, p8
A quiz about polar bear is presented.