The case for carbon offsetting … correctly
- Landfill operators benefit from Carbon Farming Initiative. // Ecos;Dec2011, Issue 166, p1
The article reports on the development of the Carbon Farming Initiative methodology in Australia. It reveals that the methodology will allow landfill operators and the clean energy businesses who work with them to create carbon credits by capturing methane emissions. In addition, the increased...
- Environment watch. // ICIS Chemical Business Americas;12/18/2006, Vol. 270 Issue 21, p8
The article offers news briefs related to the chemical industry. An application from BASF to conduct trials of a genitically modified disease-resistant potato has been approved by the Great Britain government. Dell has been continuing the global expansion of its free recycling plan with services...
- Carbon dioxide emissions among highest in world. // Infomat: A Weekly Review;9/26/2003, p6
Reports that carbon dioxide emissions in Canada is the highest in the world. Information on the production of carbon dioxide on a per capita basis in the nation; Contribution of the manufacturing sector to the production of carbon dioxide in the nation; Assessment of the ratio of economic...
- Carbon Dioxide Emissions in U.S. Increased in 2010. // State Journal (WV);8/26/2011, Vol. 27 Issue 33, p13
The article reports on the increase in carbon dioxide emissions in the U.S.
- TEST YOURSELF. // Current Events;10/29/2007, Vol. 107 Issue 7, p8
The article presents several quizzes including one on analysis of graph showing carbon dioxide emissions from fossil fuel use, another related to meanings of the given emphasized words and the other having questions based on the stories published in this issue.
- CO2 Emissions. // East Timor Review;2013, p84
A chart depicting carbon dioxide emissions in East Timor from 2007 to 2011 is presented.
- CO2 Emissions. // Switzerland Country Review;2013, p79
A chart is presented which provides information on carbon dioxide emissions in Switzerland during 2007-2011.
- Carbon emissions hit all-time high. // Geographical (Geographical Magazine Ltd.);Nov2011, Vol. 83 Issue 11, p12
The article reports that the global carbon dioxide emissions in 2010 has reached 33 billion tonnes, increasing by 45 percent between 1990 and 2010.
- CO2 Emissions. // Sweden Country Review;2013, p83
A chart is presented which provides information on carbon dioxide emissions in Sweden during 2007-2011.