WHAT THE WAR ON TERRORISM ISN'T ABOUT
- President's Letter: A New Pinnacle for Politics-as-Usual. // Independent;2002, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p2
Reports on efforts of the U.S. government to combat terrorism. Publicity of anti-terrorism among various interest groups; Citation of the book 'Crisis and Leviathan,' by Robert Higgs, senior fellow at the Independent Institute related to war on terrorism.
- A Bully's Pulpit. Hitt, Jack // Mother Jones;May/Jun2003, Vol. 28 Issue 3, p32
Comments on the actions and decisions made by U.S. President George W. Bush regarding terrorism since the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks on the U.S. Fronts on which the attacks of the Al Qaeda were conducted; Difference between hunting down terrorist outlaws and declaring a war on...
- The Commodity Curse. Walker, Lewis J. // On Wall Street;Mar2002, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p87
Comments on the issues related to democracy and terrorism in the U.S. Definition of terrorism; Classification of groups employing terrorism; Importance of terrorism bill for democracy and economics.
- If U.S. responds without justice, terrorists win. Mahoney, Robert J. // National Catholic Reporter;10/19/2001, Vol. 37 Issue 44, p12
Focuses on the element of justice in the U.S. response to the acts of terrorism against the country. Consensus prior to the military retaliation; Latitude in law enforcement; Effort to protect national security.
- Terror protection. // Crisis Response Journal;Sep2009, Vol. 5 Issue 4, p7
The article reports on the designation of the National Level Exercise (NLE) 09 as a Tier I National Level Exercise which is intended for terrorism prevention and protection in the U.S.
- TERRORISM. Schmert Jr., John R.; Meier, Mike // International Law Update;Dec2003, Vol. 9, p187
Ninth Circuit reviews constitutionality of AEDPA provisions that permit designation of "foreign terrorist organizations" finding serious Fifth Amendment due process concerns and concluding that ban on providing support in the form of "training" and "personnel" is overbroad
- Non-Insurer Coalition To Push Backstop. Brostoff, Steven // National Underwriter / Property & Casualty Risk & Benefits Manag;2/18/2002, Vol. 106 Issue 7, p6
Focuses on the group Coalition to Insure Against Terrorism which stresses that the passage of terrorism insurance legislation is vital to the U.S. economy. Number of associations and individual companies that joined the group; Economic impact of further terrorist attacks.
- the issue at hand. Edwords, Fred // Humanist;Jul2004, Vol. 64 Issue 4, p1
Comments on the war against terrorism in the U.S. Outcome of the monolithic response to terrorism; Harm caused by superpatriotism; Significance of the Iraq prison scandal in 2003.
- Liberty, Peace, Security and Truth. // Independent;2003, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p2
In its report, the U.S. State Department has announced that the number of terrorist incidents and deaths around the world has dropped to a twenty-year low, despite the September 11. 2001 terrorist attacks. However, terror incidents of terrorist group al Qaeda have increased with the U.S....