First Federal Reserve audit reveals trillions in secret bailouts
- LETTERS TO THE EDITOR. // Extra!;Sep2012, Vol. 25 Issue 9, p4
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to articles in the previous issues such as "The 'Printing Money' Phobia" and "Hope It's in your Background!", which discusses fracking, in the July 2012 issue.
- Secrets in the financial rescue plan test Obama's call for transparency. Davis, Charles N. // IRE Journal;Spring2009, Vol. 32 Issue 2, p21
The author comments on U.S. President Barack Obama's call for transparency in relation to the financial rescue plan. He highlights political reality to disabuse delusions that Washington would enter a new era of openness. He emphasizes the secrecy of the Federal Reserve Bank that rivals the...
- Warren, Vitter Unveil Fed Bill to Reduce Bailouts. Finkle, Victoria // American Banker;5/14/2015, Vol. 180 Issue 74, p0
The article discusses the Bailout Prevention Act, a bill introduced by U.S. Senators Elizabeth Warren, a Democrat, and David Vitter, a Republican, which would limit the authority of the U.S. Federal Reserve Board to make emergency loans so as to avoid bank bailouts in any future financial crisis.
- The U.S. Needs 'Too Big to Fail' Banks. H. Thomas, Kenneth // American Banker;7/16/2015, Vol. 180 Issue 110, p0
The author discusses how the financial crisis showed that giant banks are too big to fail (TBTF) and needs to be bailed out to avoid a financial catastrophe. Topics covered include how good public policy necessitates immediate and unlimited government assistance of TBTF banks to avoid the...
- Through D.C. din, Fed hears captives' call. Henry, Jim // Automotive News;12/1/2008, Vol. 83 Issue 6336, p28
The article reports that the U.S. Federal Reserve in effect has lent GMAC Financial Services LLC, Ford Motor Credit Co. and Chrysler Financial around $10 billion since late October 2008. The loans help automaker finance companies replenish their cash to make car loans and leases and thus retain...
- We Must Feel the Pain Before We Get Better. York, Tom // San Diego Business Journal;10/6/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 40, p47
The author reflects on the economic crisis in the U.S. He considers the failure of the U.S. Congress to pass the bailout bill as a blessing in disguise and highlights cooperation as very important factor during this time. He is also open to the possibility that the credit market could dry up,...
- Compliance Management Programs. ANDERSEN, JEFF // Credit Union Magazine;Nov2012, Vol. 78 Issue 11, p46
The article presents information regarding the compliance management programs. It mentions that the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.) Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) has taken the guidelines of Federal reserves and Basal committee in order to integrate it into...
- Passage of 'Audit the Fed' bill step to rebuilding economy. Walker, Bill // New Hampshire Business Review;8/24/2012, Vol. 34 Issue 18, p19
The article reports on the passage of the Federal Reserve Transparency Act by the U.S. House of Representatives that would allow for an independent and nonpartisan audit of the Federal Reserve for the first time in the 100-year history of the engine of money supply growth.
- Auditor Independence. // Region (10453369);Oct2012, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p47
The article offers information on the U.S. Federal Reserve System Board of Governors' audit engagement with Deloitte & Touche LLP (D&T) including the scope of the audit, the total auditing fees paid in 2011 and the independence of D&T.