Chinese nibbling at Indian border wall at Tawang reported
- Tensions Escalate Over Kashmir. // Emerging Markets Monitor;3/31/2003, Vol. 8 Issue 48, p1
Reports that Pakistan and India test fire short-range surface to surface nuclear-capable missiles on March 2, 2003, upping tensions which have been stoked by problems in the disputed territory of Kashmir. Reason for the expulsion of Jalil Abbas Jilani, Pakistan's acting high commissioner in New...
- Court to listen to Ellis debate. Greczyn, Mary // Waste News;10/06/97, Vol. 3 Issue 21, p2
Reports that the United States Supreme Court agreed to hear oral arguments on a boundary dispute between New York and New Jersey over prized acreage on Ellis Island created by landfill material. History of the boundary battle; Details on New Jersey's arguments; Contents of a brief filed by New...
- The South China Sea disputes: Implications of China's earlier territorial settlements. Hyer, Eric // Pacific Affairs;Spring95, Vol. 68 Issue 1, p34
Discusses the China's approach toward the territorial disputes following the pattern that was established in earlier disputes on settling the South China Sea disputes. Genesis of the South China Sea disputes; Complication of the resolution to the South China Sea disputes by Indochina conflict;...
- Lines in the Sand. Epstein, Jack // Latin Trade (English);Jan2003, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p24
Comments on border conflicts in Latin America. Brief history of the border conflict in the region; Examples of border conflicts that have been resolved peacefully; Economic impact of border battles and conflicts over sea rights; Recommendations for political leaders.
- New York, New Jersey go toe to toe. Thompson, Neal // Christian Science Monitor;9/24/96, Vol. 88 Issue 210, p3
Reports on disputes between New York, and New Jersey over Ellis Island's sovereignty. Dispute in the United States (US) Supreme Court; Ownership of Ellis Island by the federal government; Claims of New Jersey lawyers.
- Bill would bypass Navajo-Zuni talks over Fort Wingate land. Donovan, Bill // Navajo Times;4/19/2012, Vol. 51 Issue 16, pA-8
The article presents information on the talks held between the Navajo Nation Council speaker Johnny Naize and the U.S. Congress related to the land dispute between Navajo, Arizona and Zuni, New Mexico.
- Pressure grows to settle border issue. Dunn, Jill // Overdrive;Apr2010, Vol. 50 Issue 4, p12
The article reports on the status of the cross-border dispute between the U.S. and Mexico.
- China has pulled out boats from lagoon--DFA. // Filipino Reporter;6/29/2012, Vol. 40 Issue 30, p14
The article reports on the move by China to withdraw all its boats from the lagoon of Panatag Shoal after making an agreement with the Philippines, according to Philippine government officials.
- China and Japan One Step Closer to War. // Moderate Voice;01/11/2013, p4
The article reports that China and Japan has brought their airforce in Senkaku islands for the existing territorial dispute.
- Three is a Crowd. Joshi, Shashank // World Today;Oct2010, Vol. 66 Issue 10, p15
The article presents a discussion of Himalayan boundary disputes involving India, China and Pakistan. These involve sections of territory such as the Indian states of Arunachal Pradesh, Jammu and Kashmir. Diplomatic efforts to resolve the Sino-Indian Border Dispute, which began in 1957, are...