Vegan Meringue Pie?
- Fast Food Fat Food. // Skipping Stones;Sep/Oct2013, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p28
The article reports on the result of a study published in the journal "Internal Medicine" which shows that vegetarians live longer than meat eaters.
- The part-time vegetarian. Barr, Susan Learner // Shape;May97, Vol. 16 Issue 9, p116
Reports on new diets which combine animal meat with plant-based meals. Advantages of a vegetarian diet; Nutritional benefits of added animal meat; Seven-day meal plan for part-time vegetarians.
- the green kitchen. THOMSON, NITASHA // Natural Health & Vegetarian Life;Spring2009, p44
The article discusses the concept of vegetarianism in western countries. It relates the popularity of meat-free diet due to an increasing awareness about the environmental impact of meat production. It notes that vegetarian eating is continuing to gain momentum in the U.S. The launch of a...
- compassion MATTERS. Allen, Jolia Sidona // Vegetarian Times;Nov/Dec2009, Issue 372, p66
The article offers a guide to good vegetarian etiquette for the holiday season. When eating at other people's home, it is best to inform the hosts before hand about being a vegetarian and offering to bring a dish if they would approve of it. When dining out, it is best to call the restaurant in...
- Not Just Another Meatless Monday. Lambert, Paulette // Organic Spa Magazine;May/Jun2011, Vol. 5 Issue 3, p31
The article discusses the reasons why one should reduce the meat intake. Meat takes 70 percent more agricultural land and 20 percent more energy per kilogram of meat than plant agriculture. According to longevity studies, plant-based diets are known to promote good health and longevity. Eating...
- How to kick the meat habit for a day (or two) a week. Schepers, Anastasia // Environmental Nutrition;Mar1998, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p2
Promotes a non-meat diet and its alternatives. Benefits of avoiding a meat diet; Description of selected vegetarian ingredients; Alternatives to meat dishes.
- Here's the beef, sort of. Cheney, Susan Jane // Vegetarian Times;Sep94, Issue 205, p88
Presents vegetarian recipes that make use of meat substitutes. Characteristics of meat substitutes such as tofu, tempeh, seitan and textured vegetable protein; Imparting meatlike tastes and textures to vegetarian dishes; Tofu-broccoli saute; Tempeh-mushroom sauce; Ingredients; Nutritional...
- Like mom's--only better. Charney, Ken // Vegetarian Times;Oct95, Issue 218, p30
Presents recipes for meatless meatloaf dishes. Ingredients; Procedure; Caloric content; Fat content; Sodium content; Fiber.
- German supplier takes steaks from diners' plates. // Adirondack Daily Enterprise;4/9/2010, Vol. 117 Issue 85, p5
The article reports on the potential of a German meat supplier to discover a novel solution to unpaid bills, such as repossessing the steaks right off diners' plates.