AN OLIVE BRANCH AND AN ARMY
- DOD steering money to allies in east Europe. // Hill;1/23/2012, Vol. 19 Issue 5, p13
The article reports on the money offered by the U.S. Department of Defense (DOD) toward the allies fighting against Afghanistan.
- Poland to create joint military unit with Lithuania and Ukraine. // Regional Today;9/19/2014, p4
The article reports on the move of the government of Poland to create a joint military unit with countries such as Lithuania and Ukraine, while its command headquarters will be located in Lublin, Poland.
- What did Kerry's 'pinpoint' reveal? Shapiro, Dmitriy // Washington Jewish Week;7/24/2014, Vol. 50 Issue 30, p4
The article reports on the issue over U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry's private conversation with his aide over their public support on Operation Protective Edge in Israel.
- The Costs of Covert Warfare. McCoy, Alfred W. // New England Journal of Public Policy;Fall/Winter2003, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p223
Over the last fifty years the United States has fought four covert wars by using a unique combination of special operations and airpower as a substitute for regular ground troops. Such covert wars are removed from Congressional oversight and conventional diplomacy. Their battlegrounds become the...
- WHAT CAN I SAY? Nagourney, Eric // New York Times Upfront;2/25/2002, Vol. 134 Issue 10, p8
Presents several views of the students on military operation and foreign policy of the administration in the United States. Issues of the school newspaper The Round Up; Views of School Principal Bill J. Bond on the freedom of expression; Sanctions of the high school junior Aaron Pettit for...
- Afghanistan and Regional Security: Implications for China. Zeng Xiangyu // Policy Perspectives;Dec2011, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p63
The United States is going to start off the well-publicized withdrawal of coalition forces from Afghanistan. This will signify a major shift of US strategic designs in the region: from short-time tactical operation to long-term strategic presence. The US forces in Afghanistan will likely be...
- CHINA AND UNITED NATIONS PEACEKEEPING OPERATIONS IN AFRICA. Rogers, Philippe D. // Naval War College Review;Spring2007, Vol. 60 Issue 2, p73
The article focuses on the peacekeeping operations of China and United Nations in Africa. China has developed a comprehensive strategy contemplating its economic, diplomatic, political and military engagement. Its permeating influence in Africa demonstrate growing energy strategy, diplomatic...
- ANZUS AND DEFENSE. // Background Notes on Countries of the World: Australia;Aug2005, p6
Provides information on the Australia, New Zealand, United States (ANZUS) security treaty. Joint military operations conducted by Australia and the U.S. in fulfillment of ANZUS obligations; Significant role of Australia in the military operations against Iraq; Military forces comprising the...
- Our Mesopotamian Foes: Just Who Are They? Atkeson, Edward B. // Army Magazine;Mar2005, Vol. 55 Issue 3, p48
Focuses on the United States military campaign in Iraq. Reasons behind the international media and public coverage given to the Iraq operations of the U.S.; History of U.S. relations with Iraq; Implication of the operation on the international community; Factors that characterize the nature of...