Paul Kiel and Karen Weise Discuss the Stars and Slackers of the Bailout
- Govt closes Credit Guarantee Scheme. dale, samuel // Mortgage Strategy;11/ 5/2012, p6
The article reports on the closure of the Credit guarantee Scheme by Great Britain's government after its launch more than four year ago as part of a state bailout of the banking system.
- Bailed-out banks are a liability. Eustice, George // PRWeek (London);2/3/2012, p13
The author argues that banks that have been bailed out by the British Labour government are a liability.
- How Have Banks Managed to Repay the Bailout? MACEWAN, ARTHUR // Dollars & Sense;May/Jun2012, Issue 300, p26
The article presents questions and answers related to banking including how the bailout was repaid by banks.
- Saudi Arabia and UAE move to ease interbank lending rates. Martin, Matthew // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;10/24/2008, Vol. 52 Issue 43, p16
The article reports on the $24 billion rescue package with local banks in a bid to cut soaring interbank lending rates in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia and Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates (UAE). It states that the UAE's Finance Ministry is distributing $19 billion among domestic banks, with the amount...
- Take back the money. // Hill;4/23/2009, Vol. 16 Issue 45, p22
The author reflects on the irony of the government's request for banks to participate in the stimulus package and to accept congressional restrictions on executive compensation and hiring in the U.S.
- Familiar Patterns in Spain's Banking Crisis. McKenna, Francine // American Banker;6/29/2012, Vol. 177 Issue F325, p8
The article opines Spain's plan to have a full audit of its banks in September 2012 will be too late to provide investors with accurate information about the country's banking crisis which is expected to cost as much as 62 billion euros for bailouts.
- Cyprus secures bailout at cost of banks, jobs. // Regional Today;03/26/2013, p5
The article reports on the finalization of the 10 billion euro bailout deal for Cyprus as of late March 2013 that prevented a disorderly euro zone exit but downsize the country's status as an offshore banking centre.
- Bank Run in Cyprus; Who's Next? // Moderate Voice;03/17/2013, p2
The article discusses the deal negotiated by Eurogroup to bailout the banking system in Cyprus.
- Greek government shaken up, banks open. Chrepa, Eleni // Australian Financial Review (0404-2018);7/20/2015, p10
The article reports on the reopening of banks in Greece on July 20, 2015 following Prime Minister Alexis Tsipras' bailout agreement with the country's creditors.