Obesity in children
- SOFT DRINKS & OBESITY. // Nutrition Action Health Letter;May2001, Vol. 28 Issue 4, p9
Provides information on a study which examined the prevalence of obesity among school children in the United States. Discussion on the diet of children; Caloric content of sugar-sweetened drinks.
- Eating Out--At What Price? Hancock, Michelle // Alive: Canada's Natural Health & Wellness Magazine;May2002, Issue 235, p29
Reports the increase in fat and calorie consumption in restaurant foods. Percentage increase fat and calorie in restaurant foods; Role of restaurant foods in the rise of obesity in children; Number of times Americans eat meals away from home.
- THE MAGIC NUMBER. // Parenting Early Years;Apr2013, Vol. 27 Issue 3, p23
The article offers ways to cut down daily calorie intake to reduce the rate of childhood obesity.
- Cardiovascular Fitness and Caloric Intake in Filipino Obese Children: An Observational Study. Gonzalez-Suarez, C. B.; Lee-Pineda, K.; Zamora, M. T. G.; Sibug, E. O.; Velasco, Z. F.; Grimmer-Somers, K. // Asian Journal of Clinical Nutrition;2012, Vol. 4 Issue 3, p88
There is an alarming increase in the prevalence of childhood obesity. This study examines the joint association of cardiovascular fitness and nutritional intake with obesity in Filipino pre-adolescents. Grade four to six students from an elementary school in Manila were included. Data were...
- CHILDHOOD OBESITY, PREVALENCE AND PREVENTION. Dehghan, Mahshid; Akhtar-Danesh, Noori; Merchant, Anwar T. // African Journal of Food, Agriculture, Nutrition & Development;Feb2012, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p1
Childhood obesity has reached epidemic levels in developed countries. Twenty five percent of children in the US are overweight and 11% are obese. Overweight and obesity in childhood are known to have significant impact on both physical and psychological health. The mechanism of obesity...
- Processors to Cut 1.5 Trillion Calories by 2015. // Food Processing (00156523);Jun2010, Vol. 71 Issue 6, p14
The article reports on the agreement signed by Healthy Weight Commitment Foundation (HWCF)'s food and beverage processors, which aims for the reduction of calories customers eat up by 1.5 trillion calories by 2015, in coordination with the U.S. First Lady Michelle Obama.
- Heavy issue: Food industry weighs down Americans with freedom of choice. Hawkes, Corinna // Nation's Restaurant News;2/10/2003, Vol. 37 Issue 6, p44
Focuses on the prevalence of child obesity in the U.S. Attribution of supersized snack foods to the health condition; Increase in the caloric content of the meals available at fast food joints; Influence of the food industry on nutrition and health.
- Untitle. GIRDWAIN, JESSICA // Redbook;Oct2012, Vol. 219 Issue 4, p88
The article reports on the 14.6 percent calories that children should cut from their daily diet to decrease childhood obesity rate, based on the result of the study conducted by the "American Journal of Preventive Medicine."
- Eating in the dark can be dangerous. Wootan, Margo // Hill;7/11/2012, Vol. 19 Issue 87, p14
The article offers information on the increasing rate of obesity in the U.S. which is associated with high calorie intake from restaurant foods.