Creationists Have Designs on Ohio
- Doubting Dr. Dino. Kisby, Adam // Skeptic;2005, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p43
The article reports on the fundamental flaws of Kent Hovind popularly known as Dr. Dino's offer of $250,000 to someone who can prove evolution. Champions of evolution who wish to collect $250,000 must be prepared to prove evolution in the broadest sense of the word beyond any reasonable...
- Q&A Peter Korevaar. Schiermeier, Quirin // Nature;11/23/2006, Vol. 444 Issue 7118, p407
The article presents an interview with astrophysicist Peter Korevaar. Korevaar explains his main goals in life which is to do accurate and honest scientific work under the premise that God has created the world. He describes his relationship with scientists. He comments on microevolution and the...
- EVOLUTION EVOLVING. Kruglinski, Susan // Discover;Jul2006, Vol. 27 Issue 7, p21
The article outlines changes in the entry for evolution on Wikipedia, an encyclopedia available on the Internet, between December 2001 and October 2005. The initial version of evolution offers links to pages for creationism and intelligent design but makes no mention of controversy. An anonymous...
- LEGAL ISSUES INVOLVED IN EVOLUTION VS. CREATIONISM. Skoog, Gerald // Educational Leadership;Nov80, Vol. 38 Issue 2, p154
Discusses legal issues involved in evolution versus creationism. Information on cases about how evolution was being presented in their children's classrooms and textbooks; Coercion in the teaching of evolution; Ruling on the teaching of creationism.
- A Response to Gerald Skoog. CREATIONISM AND EVOLUTION. Bird, Wendell R. // Educational Leadership;Nov80, Vol. 38 Issue 2, p157
Presents a response to an article about legal issues in the teaching of creationism and evolution. Information on the First Amendment of the U.S. Constitution; Use of the Bible or theology in teaching the scientific evidence for creation.
- THE INCOMPATIBILITY OF SCIENCE AND THE SUPERNATURAL. Mayer, William V. // Educational Leadership;Nov80, Vol. 38 Issue 2, p158
Discusses legal issues in the teaching of evolution and creationism in the U.S. Scientific theories on the origin of life; Issues in the integration of creationist view into science courses; Discussion on the coupling of atheism with evolution.
- Dielectrics. Coyne, Pat // New Statesman & Society;7/7/95, Vol. 8 Issue 360, p30
Focuses on the debate concerning creationism and evolution. Sample case of the evolution of the eye; Arguments concerning computer simulation of the eye; Creationist arguments through a computer program.
- GRAPHIC DISPLAYS OF FAITH. Rothstein, Jandos // Print;Feb2008, Vol. 62 Issue 1, p96
The article explores some of the exhibits of the Creation Museum in Petersburg, Kentucky. The museums applies the latest trends in exhibition design to present its case against evolution. It opened in May 2006, funded by Answers in Genesis (AiG), a nonprofit group that advocates what critics...
- The Flood of Antievolutionism. Godfrey, Laurie R. // Natural History;Jun81, Vol. 90 Issue 6, p4
Describes the formation of the Institute for Creation Research and the Creation Science Research to defend scientific creationism and promote the teaching of creation as equal with evolution. Primary tactic of the scientific creationists; Artificial dichotomy between evolution and creation;...