A Review of the National Institute of Health's 'Guidelines for Research Using Human Pluripotent Stem Cells'
- STEM CELL DIALOGUES: A PHILOSOPHICAL AND SCIENTIFIC INQUIRY INTO MEDICAL FRONTIERS. Bylander, Jessica // Health Affairs;Dec2015, Vol. 34 Issue 12, p2204
No abstract available.
- DANCING WITH MACROMOLECULES: ETHICAL TASKS AT THE DAWN OF MOLECULAR MEDICINE. Heuser, Stefan // Studies in Christian Ethics;2009, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p314
Rival paradigms of genetics suggest different perceptions of human life and, correspondingly, of the task of medicine. In dialogue with two paradigmatic heuristics of genetics, I will show that bioethics needs to articulate a narrative that encourages a renewed understanding of the complexity of...
- Zu aktuellen Fragen der Biomedizin und dem Zugriff auf den menschlichen Embryo. Clausen, Jens // ErwÃ¤gen Wissen Ethik;2005, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p163
The article discusses the ethics involved in the field of biomedical research and human embryology. In this context, the author has made use of some studies based on embryonic stem cell research and cloning. These studies have posed a question on the existence and well-being of human beings in...
- ZYGOTES & BLASTOCYSTS. Callahan, Sidney // Commonweal;6/14/2002, Vol. 129 Issue 12, p7
Comments on the debate on whether to protect human zygotes, blastocyts and embryos from manipulation or loss. Description on human zygotes; Arguments of pro-research groups; Position of the Catholic Church to experiments with human life.
- HELPING HAND. Scholl, David // Commonweal;4/24/2009, Vol. 136 Issue 8, p4
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Life & Science" in the March 27, 2009 issue.
- Ethical Considerations Regarding Stem Cell Research. // New Atlantis: A Journal of Technology & Society;Winter2012, Vol. 34, p98
An appendix is presented that shows the ethical considerations regarding stem cell research.
- Deconstructing Obama on embryonic stem cells. // Our Sunday Visitor;4/12/2009, Vol. 97 Issue 50, p5
The author comments on the transcript of U.S. President Barack Obama's March 24, 2009 press conference on embryonic stem cell research.
- The meaning of life. // Nature;7/19/2001, Vol. 412 Issue 6844, p255
Reports that pro-life groups have denounced the Jones Institute for Reproductive Medicine in Virginia for claiming to have created human embryos in vitro for the sole purpose of harvesting embryonic stem cells. Potential of stem cell research in reproductive medicine; How mammalian life starts;...
- The bioethics of stem cell research and therapy. Insoo Hyun // Journal of Clinical Investigation;Jan2010, Vol. 120 Issue 1, p71
Discussion of the bioethics of human stem cell research has transitioned from controversies over the source of human embryonic stem cells to concerns about the ethical use of stem cells in basic and clinical research. Key areas in this evolving ethical discourse include the derivation and use of...