The School Counselor in Sex Education
- N.C. Abuse Report. A. B. // Education Week;11/7/1984, Vol. 4 Issue 10, p17
The article reports on the recommendation of the North Carolina Governor's Advocacy Council on Children and Youth for schools to hire a counselor to help students deal with sexual abuse and that schools offer more sex education to children. The council urged state legislators to amend the Child...
- From the editor's desk. Cole, Claire // School Counselor;May91, Vol. 38 Issue 5, p323
Comments on the implications of budget constraints on public education for school counselors. Decline in number of school counselors; Decline in availability of referral resources for school counselors; Increase in needs of students; Effect on morale of counselors and faculties.
- From the editor's desk. Cole, Claire // School Counselor;Sep91, Vol. 39 Issue 1, p3
Focuses on developments related to school counselors in the United States. Includes the preparedness of counselors joining the profession; Elementary counselors that are in schools; School counselors as an integral part of the education system.
- From the editor's desk. Vaught, James S. // School Counselor;Mar92, Vol. 39 Issue 4, p243
Editorial. Focuses on the concept of developmental counseling in school counseling. Comparison of normal developmental behavior and ubiquitous behavior; Need for understanding between counselors and the various publics regarding the meaning of concepts.
- Client privacy and the school counselor: Privilege, ethics, and employer policies. Tompkins, Loren; Mehring, Teresa // School Counselor;May93, Vol. 40 Issue 5, p335
Focuses on the client privacy of school counselors. Privileged communication; Confidentiality; Employer policy; Legal issues.
- Making sense out of changes in ethical standards. Cowger Jr., Ernest L.; Larrabee, Marva J. // School Counselor;May93, Vol. 40 Issue 5, p348
Focuses on ethical standards school counselors are obligated to follow. Safeguarding of ethical practice; Complementary nature of divisional standards; Counseling relationships; Breaking of confidence; Changes in ethical standards.
- Accountability practices of school counselors: 1990 national survey. Fairchild, Thomas N. // School Counselor;May93, Vol. 40 Issue 5, p363
Reports on the results of a 1990 survey on the accountability practices of school counselors. Importance of accountability; Data analysis; Instrumentation; Degree of involvement in accountability efforts; Types of data collected.
- A 10-year follow-up of counselors rated high, average, or low in effectiveness. Wiggins, James D. // School Counselor;May93, Vol. 40 Issue 5, p380
Presents a follow-up of the counselors who could be located from a 1979 study of 320 persons still involved in counseling 10 years later. Effectiveness ratings made at a long-term interval; Procedure; Perceptions of counselors.
- The changing scope of practice of the secondary school counselor. Sears, Susan Jones // School Counselor;May93, Vol. 40 Issue 5, p384
Focuses on changes concerning the scope of practice of the secondary school counselor. Skills-based school counseling programs; Content component; Education and training; Need for professional development.