Duck and Cover
- Strategy of the Israeli right: // Tikkun;Jul/Aug98, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p8
Editorial. Focuses on the political struggle between Israel and Palestine for peace, emphasizing the attempts made to exclude the United States out of the process. Pressure being placed on Palestinian state by the United States on the refusal to make peace with Israel; Circumstances...
- QUIZ 4. // New York Times Upfront (Teacher's Edition);2/11/2002, Vol. 134 Issue 9, p7
Presents a quiz on disputes between Israel and Palestine. Reasons on the Palestinian attacks during the Munich Olympics; Demand of the Palestine on Germany; Pardon of 16 domestic members of the Palestinian terrorists group by United States President Bill Clinton.
- When small misunderstandings become huge roadblocks to peace. Prusher, Ilene R. // Christian Science Monitor;11/4/99, Vol. 91 Issue 238, p7
Concentrates on difficulties that can arise between Israel and Palestine due to misinterpretations. The example of the plans of the Israeli government to increase the size of the military checkpoint to Bethlehem, West Bank.
- One-man crusade for Palestinians. Prusher, Ilene R. // Christian Science Monitor;8/27/99, Vol. 91 Issue 191, p6
Focuses on how security chairman Osama Musa tries to push the Israelis out of the Gaza Strip by patrolling the area, citing the violations of the Oslo peace deal. INSET: Progress in talks on accord, by I.R.P..
- Dangers in a strange land. Bailey, Paul // Bulletin with Newsweek;10/24/2000, Vol. 118 Issue 6247, p10
Warns of the volatile situation in the Middle East. Nobel peace prizes for Israeli Prime Minister Yitzak Rabin, Foreign Minister Shimon Perez and Palestinian leader Yasser Arafat; Death of 12-year-old Palestinian boy Rami Aldura; Israeli helicopters' air attack on Palestinian targets.
- Who will police the police? Shahin, Mariam // Middle East;Jan97, Issue 263, p12
Focuses on the ambivalent security relations between Palestine and Israel after the eruption of violence in West Bank and the Gaza Strip in 1996. Discontent of Palestine residents over the inaction of the Palestine Security Forces; Concerns on the failure for the affected areas to attain...
- From the mouths of babes... Twair, Pat McDonnell // Middle East;Jan98, Issue 274, p41
Reports that the first Israeli/Palestinian co-production of Sesame Street will be aired on April 1998. Involvement of former Prime Minister Yitzhak Rabin and Palestinian Liberalization Organization chief Yasser Arafat in project; Details on project; Description of some segments of television...
- Victor and vanquished, entwined. Ajami, Fouad // U.S. News & World Report;05/04/98, Vol. 124 Issue 17, p39
Focuses on the relationship between Zionism and Palestinian nationalism. Palestinian view of 1948, the year of Israel's independence, as al Nakba, the calamity; Israel's role in the creation of a Palestinian state.
- War Party Takes on Iraq in Order to Stall Israel-Palestine Peace Talks. Curtiss, Richard H. // Washington Report on Middle East Affairs;Sep/Oct2002, Vol. 21 Issue 7, p13
Alleges attempts to the delay of Israel-Palestine peace negotiations with a U.S. invasion of Iraq. Recollection of the debate for the Persian Gulf War in Senate in 1990; Possibility of the participation of Turkey; Importance of an end to U.S. financial aid to the Israeli war against Palestine.