Eurostar shelves carbon offsetting
- Eurostar ups ante. // Travel Weekly Australia;8/14/2009, Issue 118, p5
The article reports on the move of European rail operator Eurostar Group Ltd. in aiming to reduce their carbon dioxide emissions to a further 35% per trip after they reached their 25% emission target in 2009. The operator has stressed that during the end of 2008 its trains has attained 31% less...
- Eurostar restructuring closer. // Rail Business Intelligence;4/15/2010, Issue 364, p5
The article reports on the agreement among national shareholders SNCF, SNCB Group, and London & Continental Railways Ltd. to enable the final stages of the restructuring of Eurostar from a partnership into a corporate entity in Great Britain.
- Eurostar revenue up 12% in 2010. // Rail Business Intelligence;1/27/2011, Issue 382, p5
The article reports on the increase in revenue earned in 2010 by Eurostar, a high speed passenger rail service connecting London, England and Europe.
- How Eurostar fixed fluffy snow problem. // Professional Engineering;1/27/2010, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p4
The article offers information on the breakdown of Eurostar trains due to high snowfall.
- Train stranded in Channel tunnel. Nanstiel, Erik // Roads & Bridges;Mar97, Vol. 35 Issue 3, p14
Reports that a high-speed Eurostar train with 469 passengers was stranded in the English Channel tunnel for an estimated three hours due to engine failure. Comments from a spokesman for Eurostar.
- Capital derailment. // Truck & Driver;May2011, p21
A photograph of a Eurostar train coach being transported using a truck is presented.
- EUROSTAR CARRIES 10MILLION IN 2013. // Modern Railways;Feb2014, Vol. 71 Issue 785, p13
The article reports that Eurostar train had able to carry 10 million passengers in 2013.
- Communication breakdown at all levels. // Rail Business Intelligence;2/18/2010, Issue 360, p8
The article offers information on the communication failures among the passengers of the Eurostar and Eurotunnel trains.
- Immediate improvements recommended. // Rail Business Intelligence;2/18/2010, Issue 360, p9
The article offers information on several recommendations for improvement in the Eurostar express trains.