- Fracturing the Zionist Narrative. Mintz, Alan // Judaism;Fall99, Vol. 48 Issue 4, p407
Describes the innovations of Israeli literature from 1974 to 1999. Emergence of socialist Zionism in Eastern Europe; Role played by women in modern Hebrew literature; Discussion on the areas of fictional experimentation.
- Take the Lead. Muasher, Marwan // Newsweek (Pacific Edition);7/28/2008 (Pacific Edition), Vol. 152 Issue 4, p19
The author reflects on approaches that Barack Obama, the 2008 Democratic U.S. presidential candidate, should take in resolving the Arab-Israeli conflict. He feels that the U.S. could resolve the conflict by reminding all the participants that it is in everybody's best interest to complete the...
- Max Blumenthal Lambastes Israel for Excess Brutality in Its 51-Day War on Gaza. Twair, Pat; Twair, Samir // Washington Report on Middle East Affairs;Sep2015, Vol. 34 Issue 6, p46
The article discusses Jewish author Max Blumenthal's criticism of the Israeli government for its excessive use of force in the Gaza Strip in 2014. Topics covered include Blumenthal's authorship of the book "The 51 Day War: Ruin and Resistance in Gaza," Israel's failure to distinguish between...
- Affective Affinities, Embodiment, and the Political: Youth Media Practices in Palestine and Israel. ASTHANA, SANJAY // Afterimage;Jul-Aug2011, Vol. 39 Issue 1/2, p18
In this article the author offers observations on the practices of youth media in Palestine and Israel. Particular focus is given to the ways in which children and young people create personal and social narratives through media. Topics include insights on the documentary "Against All Odds:...
- Report: Israel agrees to extend Gaza cease-fire. // Jewish Telegraphic Agency: 1922 to present;8/ 6/2014, p1
JERUSALEM (JTA) -- Israel reportedly has agreed to extend the cease-fire with the Palestinian factions in Gaza.
- Poll: Israeli Jews, Arabs oppose intermarriage. // Jewish Telegraphic Agency: 1922 to present;8/22/2014, p1
TEL AVIV (JTA) -- Three-quarters of Israeli Jews and nearly two-thirds of Israeli Arabs would not marry someone from a different religion, according to a poll.
- Jewish settlers torched widow's West Bank home, Palestinian officials say. // Jewish Telegraphic Agency: 1922 to present;11/23/2014, p1
JERUSALEM (JTA) -- A Palestinian home in the West Bank was set afire in what Palestinian officials said was an attack by Israeli Jewish settlers.
- 3 Israeli suspects in Palestinian teen's murder indicted. // Jewish Telegraphic Agency: 1922 to present;7/17/2014, p1
JERUSALEM (JTA) -- Three Jewish Israelis in the apparent revenge murder of a Palestinian teen were indicted.
- Shared Communities Program Visits Washington, DC. O'Rourke, Anne // Washington Report on Middle East Affairs;Nov2011, Vol. 30 Issue 8, p62
The article reports on the Shared Communities program of the nonprofit educational institute, Givat Haviva, which held an event at the Busboys & Poets bookstore in Washington D.C. on June 19, 2011. According to the author, Israeli Arab and Jewish mayors attended the event to discuss efforts to...
- Israeli, Palestinian support for two-state solution down. // Jewish Telegraphic Agency: 1922 to present;6/25/2015, p1
(JTA) - Both Israelis and Palestinians have become less supportive of a two-state solution to the conflict, with only 51 percent of each now favoring the idea, a new poll reported.