Freeing political prisoners: A fresh start?
- Our Political Prisoners. // America;12/24/1921, Vol. 26 Issue 10, p230
The article supports the intention of the U.S. President to release a number of political prisoners, which is not allowed under the Constitution. The author believes that the release of political prisoners is in consonance with the mandates of the Constitution to free speech and to other rights...
- Prisoner Release - A Positive Step For Stability? // Africa Monitor: North Africa Monitor;May2009, Vol. 14 Issue 5, p6
The article reports on the political outlook of Libya. Reportedly, the planned release of political prisoners seems to suggest reconciliation between the government and the Islamist groups that fought against the government in the 1990s could lead domestic stability. It also shows that in the...
- POLITICAL OVERVIEW. // Malta Country Review;2007, p7
The article presents an overview of the political stability of Malta.
- POLITICAL OVERVIEW. // Marshall Islands Country Review;2007, p7
The article presents an overview of the political condition of Marshall Islands, which include the country's political stability, human rights condition and effectiveness of its government.
- Iran's revolution competes with Hollywood, CNN. Peterson, Scott // Christian Science Monitor;9/24/96, Vol. 88 Issue 210, p1
Reports on changes in the political landscape of Iran, since the mullahs or clerics came into power in the country. Internal problems found in Iran; Information on a debate between conservative clerics; Statement of Iran spiritual leader Ayatollah Sayed Ali Kahmenei on the Constitution.
- How Korea's Web Got So Tangled. Miller, Jerry // Naval History;Apr2003, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p20
Focuses on the political instability that exists in Korea. Reason for the instability; Principles subscribed by the U.S. for existence in the civilized world.
- Think First. // Transitions Online;2/3/2003, pN.PAG
Comments on Czech parliament's failure to elect a new president after Vaclav Havel's term in office ended at midnight on 2 February 2003. Two points in the debate over whether the Czech Republic should hold direct elections; Clarification about constitutional changes.
- chapter 3: 10-Year Forecast. // Chile Business Forecast Report;2009 3rd Quarter, p25
The article presents an economic outlook for Chilean economy for 2008-2018, taking key issues in political stability, capital investment, demographic, productivity growth, economic composition and monetary policy.
- Politics first. Marshall, Will // Freedom Review;Nov/Dec95, Vol. 26 Issue 6, p15
Opinion. Comments that one's safety and prosperity depends on the political order of other countries. Limiting principles; Replacement of the Agency for International Development (AID).