- EDITOR'S NOTE. Idrus, Nirwan // Journal of Institutional Research South East Asia;Sep2011, Vol. 9 Issue 2, p4
The article discusses papers published within the issue, including one on the involvement of Math teachers in blogs and another goals of students and its correlation to self-motivation.
- Sharing the Good Things. Peterson, Rebecka // Educational Leadership;Oct2013, Vol. 71 Issue 2, p91
A letter from a mathematics teacher and issue reader is presented on the teacher blogging project One Good Thing, student behavior toward teachers, and encouragement from school principals.
- Datastream. // Wired;Oct2012, Vol. 20 Issue 10, p38
Several statistics on the size of fictional realms in square miles are presented, including the Westeros in "Game of Thrones," Cimmeria in "Conan the Barbarian," and The Shire in "Lord of the Rings."
- Blogging to build a community of practice (CoP): Malaysian Mathematic teachers' involvement and participation in online teacher professional development. Nambiar, Radha; Lee Kean Wah; Khalid, Fariza; Thang Siew Ming; Krish, Pramela // Journal of Institutional Research South East Asia;Sep2011, Vol. 9 Issue 2, p6
This paper investigates the blogging experiences of maths teachers from five Smart schools in the Klang Valley, Selangor State, Malaysia. Transcripts of the blogs which the teachers participated in for three months were analyzed together with focus group interviews that investigated the...
- EDITOR'S MESSAGE. IMMACULATE KIZITO NAMUKA // Ontario Mathematics Gazette;Sep2013, Vol. 52 Issue 1, p2
An introduction to the journal is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue, including one about student thinking, another on blogging to belonging to a math community, and a column on CLIPS games.
- Total System Disruption. Margulius, David L. // InfoWorld;9/12/2005, Vol. 27 Issue 37, p12
Comments on the total system disruption brought about by hurricane Katrina in New Orleans, Louisiana in September 2005. Information included in the Katrina blog set up by Gartner Research; Statement made by Gartner Research Vice President French Caldwell regarding the uses of predictive...
- Flawed proof ushers in era of wikimaths. // New Scientist;8/21/2010, Vol. 207 Issue 2774, p1
The article focuses on the use of blogs and wiki's in examining mathematical proofs. It states that researcher Vinay Deolalikar of the Hewlett-Packard Labs in Palo Alto, California proposed proof of the unsolved "P versus NP" problem, and that mathematicians and computer scientists discussed the...
- Young Leaders Transforming Ed.: Karim Kai Ani. MEAD, SARA // Education Week;5/25/2011, Vol. 30 Issue 32, p11
An excerpt is presented from a blog that is kept by Sara Mead in which she discusses Karim Kai Ani, who is the founder of Mathalicious, which creates educational resources.
- Games Mathematicians Play. Huber, Mark; Karaali, Gizem // Journal of Humanistic Mathematics;Jul2012, Vol. 2 Issue 2, preceding p1
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue on topics including mathematical beauty, Joint Math Meetings, and mathematical poetry blog.