Legislation Senate drops economic stimulus measure
- Estate Tax Repeal Uncertain. Brostoff, Steven // National Underwriter / Property & Casualty Risk & Benefits Manag;04/09/2001, Vol. 105 Issue 15, p2
Reports on the approval of the legislation, H.R.8 to repeal the estate tax over a period of ten years by the United States (U.S.) House of Representatives in April 2001. Support for H.R. 8; Prediction on the status of the legislation in the U.S. Senate; Terms under the H.R.8.
- PIVOTAL EVENTS IN CONGRESS. Graham, Jill; Mitchell, Charlie // National Journal;6/15/2002, Vol. 34 Issue 24, p1790
Presents updates on the U.S. Congress as of June 13, 2002. Plan of the U.S. Congress regarding the Homeland Security Department legislation; Refusal of the Senate to join the House in permanently repealing the estate tax; Information on the separate principles of the Senate and House of...
- Arts Alliance Worried About Fed Tax Action. Armbrust, Roger // Back Stage;04/13/2001, Vol. 42 Issue 15, p3
Focuses on the concerns of the American Arts Alliance for its members regarding the approach of the United States Congress to phase out the federal estate tax which will affect them. Why the alliance is worried about the move of the Congress; Major member organizations of the alliance; Reaction...
- Phase out estate tax, House votes. // Tire Business;4/9/2001, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p1
Reports the vote of the U.S. House of Representative to phase out the estate tax by 2011.
- Congress needs to fix estate tax situation. Otte, John // Mid-South Farmer;Jun2012, Vol. 17 Issue 6, p17
The article reports that the U.S. Congress should take an action for federal estate tax by the end of 2012, or else the estate tax exemption will drop to 1 million dollars and the top rate above the exclusion amount will rise to 55 percent.
- Death tax protest. Sundaramoorthy, Geeta // Business News New Jersey;06/08/98, Vol. 11 Issue 23, p13
Reports on the protests from farmers and small-business owners regarding estate taxes in New Jersey during a field hearing held by the House Small Business Subcommittee. Percentage of all farms in the country that are family-owned; Percentage of farm owners that are able to pass on their...
- Taxes. Winston, Sherie; Ichniowski, Tom // ENR: Engineering News-Record;4/29/2002, Vol. 248 Issue 16, p9
Reports the support of the House on the repeal of the estate levy and tax provision in the U.S.
- Taxes: Vote on Permanent Repeal of Estate Levy Expected. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;6/16/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 23, p11
The U.S. Congress is likely to vote again on whether to eliminate the estate tax permanently, a top priority for many construction organizations. A House vote on the bill is expected in the week ending June 16, 2003. The House no longer is expected to link estate tax repeal with expanding the...
- Future Fate of Estate Tax Remains Uncertain. Brostoff, Steven // National Underwriter / Property & Casualty Risk & Benefits Manag;06/04/2001, Vol. 105 Issue 23, p1
Discusses the status of a tax relief bill in the United States that will reduce the estate tax until January 1, 2010. Support of Maria Berthoud, vice president of federal affairs for the Alexandria, Virginia-based Independent Insurance Agents of America to estate tax repeal; Provision under the...