Standard chief says tax rethink would boost PMI
- Time bomb. Peyser, Marc; Howard, Lucy // Newsweek;10/17/1994, Vol. 124 Issue 16, p4
Focuses on Congress' failure before adjourning to extend an IRS provision permitting the self-employed to deduct the cost of health-care insurance. Number of people affected; Outlook for the provision.
- Roll call. // Human Events;3/10/95, Vol. 51 Issue 9, p23
Reports on the US House of Representatives' passage of a bill that would restore a tax deduction of 25 percent of the costs of health insurance for the self-employed. Expiration of deduction on December 31, 1993; Elimination of a Federal Communications Commission (FCC) tax-credit program for...
- Health insurance deduction. // Overdrive;Jun95, Vol. 35 Issue 6, p31
Reports on the passage of a law allowing self-employed people to take a 25% income tax deduction for health insurance premiums. Filing of an amended return.
- Roll call. // Human Events;3/10/95, Vol. 51 Issue 9, p22
Reports on the US House of Representatives' rejection of a pro-reverse discrimination amendment to a bill that would permanently extend a 25 percent tax deduction to the self-employed for health insurance. Amendment's aim of altering funding mechanism in the bill to protect a Federal...
- House takes on regulation, Senate fails to clear BBA. // Human Events;3/10/95, Vol. 51 Issue 9, p22
Reports on the US House of Representatives' passage of HR 831 that would permanently extend a 25 percent tax deduction for health insurance costs to the self-employed. Defeat of efforts to strip the bill's funding mechanism to protect a Federal Communications Commission (FCC) program of...
- New tax-free status will bring rapid expansion of viatical settlements. // Insurance Advocate;10/26/96, Vol. 107 Issue 42, p31
Anticipates the acceleration of the growth of the viatical settlement industry with the passage of the Kennedy-Kassebaum health insurance law eliminating federal taxes on viatical settlements for people with terminal and chronic illnesses. Prediction of Viatius Inc. chief executive officer John...
- Standard Life cuts sick days with new computer system. // Occupational Health;Mar2003, Vol. 55 Issue 3, p4
Reports that health insurance firm Standard Life Healthcare has reduced its staff turnover and increased productivity after installing technology that allows employees to assess their health and well-being through their computer. Advantage of the technology to the company; Percentage of...
- Career track: Coleen Paterson, HR graduate, Standard Life. Doke, DeeDee // Personnel Today;2/4/2003, p34
Profiles Coleen Paterson, human resource professional at financial services company Standard Life Healthcare. Educational qualifications; Challenging aspect of her job; Work environment at the company.
- SLHC targeting mid-sized firms. // Money Marketing;9/26/2002, p9
Reports that Great Britain-based insurance company Standard Life Healthcare plans to offer medical insurance aimed at medium-sized companies. Background on the market research conducted by the company; Features of the company's Company Primecare and Primecare medical insurance products.