- Rarified Ayres. Harry, Lou // Indianapolis Business Journal;3/23/2015, Vol. 36 Issue 4, p37
The article reviews the exhibition "That Ayres Look" as part of the series "You are There" at the history center of the Indiana Historical Society that will run through August 6, 2016.
- Indiana Historical Society (IHS). // MAC Newsletter;Jul2010, Vol. 38 Issue 1, p24
The article announces that the Indiana Historical Society (IHS) has opened its Indiana Experience which features 'time travel' exhibition programs such as the "Destination Indiana," and the "You Are There."
- The Indiana Experience: "You Are There.". Dichtl, John // Journal of American History;Jun2011, Vol. 98 Issue 1, p129
The article reviews the series of exhibitions "The Indiana Experience: 'You Are There,'" at the Indiana Historical Society (IHS) in Indianapolis, Indiana, which includes several exhibitions that opened between March 20, 2010, and February 22, 2011.
- Revising History. A. W. S. // Indianapolis Monthly;Mar2010, Vol. 33 Issue 8, p24
The article presents information on the Indiana Historical Society's exhibition "The Indians Experience," to be held at the Indiana History Center in Indianapolis, Indiana on March 20, 2010.
- Project Documents Indiana LGBT History. Lee, Mark A. // Word (Word Publications - Ted Fleischaker);Oct2015, Vol. 24 Issue 5, p9
The article discusses a project undertaken by the author to document LGBT history for Indiana at the Indiana Historical Society, which included interviews with members of the LGBT community, which were videotaped; and his photograph exhibition "A Visual Journey: From AIDS to Marriage Equality."
- All Hands on Deck: Toward the Experience History Museum. JONES, ANDREA K. // History News;Spring2014, Vol. 69 Issue 2, p18
The article discusses immersive and participatory experiences at history museums and in history programs. The author reflects on constructivist learning theory and the role of roleplaying simulations, museum theater, and dioramas as techniques for engaging museum attendees. Institutional...
- A Life in Public History A Conversation with John Herbst. // Indiana Magazine of History;Jun2011, Vol. 107 Issue 2, p153
An interview with John Herbst, president and chief executive officer (CEO) of the Indiana Historical Society (IHS), is presented. Herbst examines the industry of Indiana history, commenting on philanthropy and governmental financial support. He reflects on the exhibition called the "Indiana...
- Destination Indianapolis. Rawlinson, Emily // History News;Spring2009, Vol. 64 Issue 2, p26
The article looks at historic sites and attractions in Indianapolis, Indiana, focusing on points of interest for attendees of the 2009 American Association for State and Local History (AASLH) annual meeting. Recommended sites include the Indiana Historical Society, White River State Park, and...
- Historical society reports more visitors at Indiana Experience. // Indianapolis Business Journal;2/27/2012, Vol. 32 Issue 53, p13
The article focuses on the report by Indiana Historical Society that there is an increase by 71 percent in the Indiana Experience.