Salvaging the Banking System
- The Gathering Crisis in Federal Deposit Insurance (Book Review). O'Driscoll Jr., Gerald P. // Southern Economic Journal;Oct86, Vol. 53 Issue 2, p551
Reviews the book 'The Gathering Crisis in Federal Deposit Insurance,' by Edward J. Kane.
- LOAN RANGERS. Reich, Robert B. // New Republic;12/8/86, Vol. 195 Issue 23, p42
Reviews two books. "Bailout: An Insider's Account of Bank Failures and Rescues," by Irvine H. Sprague; "In Whose Interest? International Banking and American Foreign Policy," by Benjamin J. Cohen.
- The Gathering Crisis in Deposit Insurance. KANATAS, GEORGE // Journal of Money, Credit & Banking (Ohio State University Press);May87, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p268
The article reviews the book "The Gathering Crisis in Deposit Insurance," by Edward J. Kane.
- Bailout (Book). Shiller, Timothy G. // Library Journal;9/1/1986, Vol. 111 Issue 14, p188
Reviews the book 'Bailout: an insider's account of bank failures and rescues,' by Irvine H. Sprague.
- Inflation, Trade, and Taxes. Brownlee, O. H. // Journal of Money, Credit & Banking (Ohio State University Press);May77, Vol. 9 Issue 2, p374
The article reviews the book "Inflation, Trade, and Taxes," edited by David A. Belsley, Edward J. Kane, Paul A. Samuelson and Robert M. Solow.
- Good Intentions and Unintended Evil. Kane, Edward J. // Journal of Money, Credit & Banking (Ohio State University Press);Feb77 Part 1, Vol. 9 Issue 1, p55
The article presents a speech by Edward J. Kane, who is the former Everett D. Reese Chair of Banking and Monetary Economics at Ohio State University, delivered at the school on April 30, 1976 and in which Kane discusses government regulation of the market, political power and economic power.
- Volcker's Call for Regulatory Reform: Smart and Unlikely. Parsons, Richard J. // Americanbanker.com;4/23/2015, p1
Former Federal Reserve chair Paul Volcker is far from the first watchdog to suggest the U.S. regulatory system is badly in need of a common-sense makeover. Yet a confusing and ineffective structure remains the status quo.
- COMMENT: THE RE-POLITICIZATION OF THE FED. Mann, Maurice // Journal of Financial & Quantitative Analysis;Nov74, Vol. 9 Issue 5, p757
The article reports on the political activity of the U.S. Federal Reserve Board and discusses the paper, "The Re-Politicization of the Fed" by Edward J. Kane. Kane states that the Fed chairman, Arthur Burns has made the Fed more influenced by politics. However, the author feels that this was...
- 2013 Awards and Honors. // NBER Reporter;2014, Issue 1, p24
The article announces awards given to the National Bureau of Economic Research (NBER) researchers, including 21st Arrow Award from the International Health Economics Association to Katherine Baicker, Robert Mehr Award to Jeffrey R. Brown, and Lifetime Achievement Award from the Midwest Financial...