Dems playing politics with stimulus package
- DASCHLE, PRAIRIE FIREBALL. // Christian Science Monitor;12/21/2001, Vol. 94 Issue 21, p12
Discusses the role of United States Senate majority leader Tom Daschle (D-S.D.) and the challenges he faces surrounding the proposed economic stimulus bill and the popularity of wartime President George W. Bush.
- Tom Daschle Chosen to Head HHS, Reform Efforts. // ACA News (American Chiropractic Association);Jan2009, Vol. 5 Issue 1, p8
The article announces that South Dakota Democratic Senator Tom Daschle was appointed to carry out Barack Obama's healthcare agenda.
- DASCHLE'S DASH. Kosova, Weston // New Republic;5/23/94, Vol. 210 Issue 21, p20
Discusses the efforts of Democrat Tom Daschle to take over the U.S. Senate Majority Leader position, as of May 1994. Support given by Representative Morris Udall to Daschle; Friendship established by Daschle with Ways and Means Committee Chairman Dan Rostenkowski; Decision of Budget Committee...
- Daschle disgusts. Thompson, Bill // Fort Worth Business Press;5/31/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 22, p54
Editorial. Criticizes Senate Majority Floor Leader Tom Daschle, a potential presidential candidate in the U.S. in 2004. Views on homeland security; Attacks launched by Daschle against President Bush; Implications on the political system.
- Deconstructing Daschle. Victor, Kirk // National Journal;6/1/2002, Vol. 34 Issue 22, p1608
Profiles U.S. Senate Majority Leader Thomas A. Daschle, D-S.D.. Traits of Daschle as a politician; Goal of Daschle for the Senate; Lessons learned by Daschle from a book written about Lyndon Johnson's career in the senate; Victories of Daschle in his political career; Stance taken by Daschle on...
- KEEPIN' IT TOGETHER IN THE SENATE. Victor, Kirk // National Journal;6/09/2001, Vol. 33 Issue 23, p1736
Looks at the leadership of Republican Senator Trent Lott of Mississippi and Democrat Thomas Daschle of South Dakota. Information on party switching in the United States Senate; Actions taken by Daschle to keep his Caucus.
- Daschle Assaults Majority Rule. Roberts, Paul Craig // Human Events;1/7/2002, Vol. 58 Issue 1, p4
Criticizes the political views of United States Senator Tom Daschle (D.-S.D.). His stand on the issue of confirmation of President George W. Bush's appointees; Efforts of Daschle to derail and block the legislative and government agendas of the Bush administration; Difference between...
- Public Power: Bond Provisions to Be Added to Daschle Bill Next Year. Ferris, Craig T. // Bond Buyer;12/06/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31279, p5
Focuses on an energy bill introduced by South Dakota senator Thomas Daschle which will include bond provisions by the year 2002. Co-sponsors of Daschle's bill; Proposals contained in the bill; Comparison of Daschle's bill with another bill that was passed in August 2001.
- The Right Time for Your Opponent's Wrongs. Valcarce, Peter; Beard, Robert // Campaigns & Elections (1996);Feb2005, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p36
Focuses on the campaign of South Dakota Senator John Thune in the 2004 elections. Background on the political career of Thune; Overview of the campaign of Thune's senatorial rival, former senate minority leader Tom Daschle; Strategy used by Thune's campaign to defeat Daschle.